EXTREMELY LOUD Movie
Dec 11, 2011 at 11:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

beamthegreat

500+ Head-Fier
I went to watch Immortal with my friend yesterday in 3D and it was extremely LOUD!!! In one scene, it was so loud i couldn't hear what my friend said, even when he was shouting directly in my ear! It was sooo painfully LOUD that me and my friend had to cover our ears throughout the movie and I think other people did the same, but it really didn't helped at all. When the movie was over, we had to shout to each other since our ears were ringing and couldn't hear anything! Even now, my ears are still ringing but Im starting to recover a little and is starting to hear what other people are saying when talking at normal volume. What should I do? Who should I complain this too??

Dec 11, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #3 of 11
Who? How can I contact the manager?? Or should I just complain this to the employees? Also, my friend said that he even heard the movie from the bathroom which was like 30-40 meters away!! Also keep in mind that it is soundproofed and no sound leaked from other rooms (except for low bass noises)

Dec 12, 2011 at 2:00 AM Post #6 of 11
The loudness war is spreading to movie theaters...

Dec 12, 2011 at 5:15 AM Post #8 of 11
I think its the idea of having a louder sound system raping your ear as you view a movie to "immerse" you into the movie.  To be fair though I remember watching toy story 3 on something we have here in Hawaii called "TITAN XD".  And for me personally I think the idea of surround sound or the idea of dual recordings died.

Do you remember when a whisper in a film was truly a whisper.  Where you would lean towards the screen with hopes of hearing it more loudly, where you would be entranced by the characters and their conversations?  Do you remember being raped by florescent dildos in the ears as you watched a movie, throwing you out of the immersion, making you hate every sound buffeting your ears, making you think "ow lawd not the fight scene.  Do you remember when watching films and thinking how smooth and amazing an actor's voice work is, and do you remember getting the impression how everyone received voice lessons from Jack Black in the "Leave Scars On Their Ear Drums Academy"?

Dec 12, 2011 at 9:35 AM Post #9 of 11
This is why I HATE watching movies on theater, the sound is unbearable LOUD. I still remember one time when I go to a theater to watch a movie, I keep my fingers stuffed to my ears the whole time. Now, if I really, really, really want watch some movies, I usually stuff my ear with my IEM, not fully inserted of course, but enough to reduce the sound to manageable level. I usually got this weird look from people, but what ever, I still love my hearing....
Gone the day when the OST and the BGM is a part of movie to be enjoyed, not endured...

Dec 13, 2011 at 2:33 AM Post #11 of 11

Quote:
Try some etymotic earplugs for a flat response.

Or some Westone earplugs for a midrange focused sound. 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back