Extract mp3HD audio for lossless version in another format
May 16, 2012 at 1:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

kenman345

Headphoneus Supremus
I have a bunch of mp3HD files from Bassnectar and While I love the idea, I cannot use them on a mobile device. Anyone know a computer program, preferably for Mac OS X but Windows 7 is fine too, that I can use to extract the lossless files and create AIFF or FLAC files through? I wanna be able to store the lossless files I create on my iPod so I have lossless coming from there.

I am not sure if this is the right area for this question, sorry in advance. All help is appreciated.

May 16, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #2 of 3
http://www.all4mp3.com has some command line tools for both platforms and a plugin for WinAmp which would let you convert. It's probably easiest to just make wav files out of them and then convert to FLAC with your favorite encoding software.

May 16, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the suggestion, I'm pretty familiar with how to use command lines and while I haven't had tons of time to play with it to get it to work, it doesn't seem to work on my computer right now. I'll give it another try when I have some more time to play with that option.

EDIT: figured it out, it doesnt load the decoder program, instead it is to be called in each use, so it needs the exact location of the files, not the name of the file. I figured it out. Gonna get working on it tonight with an excel sheet with the command for each song so i can just copy paste repeat this process till i'm done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back