Extra Value Provision with the Reservation Activity for Mont Blanc/E12
Jan 8, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #95 of 125
Jan 11, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #98 of 125
So I got an email asking how much we'd like to declare on customs and that FiiO would be shipping with DHL. I read some online that DHL charges some hefty fees on top of customs. Has anyone had an order shipped from China by DHL to the US? What am I looking at for customs and fees on $100?

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:11 AM Post #100 of 125
Quote:
So I got an email asking how much we'd like to declare on customs and that FiiO would be shipping with DHL. I read some online that DHL charges some hefty fees on top of customs. Has anyone had an order shipped from China by DHL to the US? What am I looking at for customs and fees on $100?

I have had packages delivered from China before by DHL and I don't remember the shipping being that unreasonable.  I told FiiO to declare the $99 that it is worth.  I can't imagine it making more than a few dollars difference.

Jan 11, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #101 of 125
Quote:
I have had packages delivered from China before by DHL and I don't remember the shipping being that unreasonable.  I told FiiO to declare the $99 that it is worth.  I can't imagine it making more than a few dollars difference.

That's good to hear. I started thinking we'd be charged like twenty or thirty bucks because of DHL's handling fees and customs. I'm relieved to hear that hasn't been your experience! 

Jan 11, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #102 of 125
Quote:

That's good to hear. I started thinking we'd be charged like twenty or thirty bucks because of DHL's handling fees and customs. I'm relieved to hear that hasn't been your experience! 

I really hope that is not the case too!  I'm just going off of previous DHL packages I got from China.  I am not sure how the sender wrote them up, but I remember it more in the $5-15 range for small packages.  Lets hope I am not remembering it wrong!!!

Jan 13, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #104 of 125
Have they set a release date for those us unlucky ones that weren't able to get the early releases??

Jan 14, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #105 of 125
Just got an email from FiiO, They have been shipped!  Now comes several days of checking my tracking info every couple of hours :)

Quote:
Have they set a release date for those us unlucky ones that weren't able to get the early releases??

It is posted earlier in this thread, or the main E12 thread.  I believe there will be a large run at the end of February or beginning of March...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back