Extra Comfort on Monoprice 8323?
Jul 7, 2012 at 12:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 76

atomvk

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I'm new here, and i have just recent bought the 8323s.  I think they sound fantastic, but the one thing that really takes away from the overall value of these is the comfort

Does anyone know if any velour pads will fit on the 8323s?  or if there is any other way to raise the comfort level. Help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Jul 7, 2012 at 2:26 AM Post #2 of 76
I think there's a pair of Beyerdynamic velour pads that fits. The FA-003 and Brainwavz HM5 (same headphone) also have ear pads that fit the 8323. The latter change the sound signature enough though that you might need to do some internal mods to tune them a bit for the pads. They're super comfy, though!

Jul 7, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #5 of 76
Thanks.
 Yeah i just saw that in another post.  the 250s fit well but are a little loose.  I think that i am define
tley going to get the velour, although after a night of having them stretched out on a box, the 8323s are not clamping on my head as hard, and feel much better

Never had velour before though, and i really want to try it out, especially on these cans.  What is velour like? sort of a memory foam thing?

Also, would you recommend a DAC to pair with the 8323s?

Jul 8, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #7 of 76
i use mine with ath m50 pads and a grant fidelity tubedac 11, but i wouldnt automatically go out and recommend someone spend 350 on a dac just to drive some 21 dollar headphones lol, but if you already happen to have one, then its a $%^ing beautiful match lol

stick with a fiio

Jul 8, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #9 of 76
Hi. I own a pair of 8323's. They sound great. I am looking into the Beyerdynamic pad mod myself. And I use my FiiO E7 to amp them. Perfect combo.

Jul 10, 2012 at 2:42 AM Post #11 of 76
Agreed. The head band was the worst for me. I ended up taking out the old cushioning and gluing on a thick piece of memory foam, haha.

Jul 10, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #12 of 76
Quote:
I used to have the 8323s with Beyer DT250 velour pads and they worked well. The biggest comfort issue for me was the head band though. If I still had the 8323s I might try this

You, sir, are a genius. This looks amazing and I shall be trying it.

Jul 10, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #14 of 76
Quote:
I hope it works well. The Monos sound really nice for their price, but I just couldn't get past the headband (had the same issue with my Shure SRH940). Let us know once you get the headband to report how it feels.

Just placed my order for both the Velour Earpads and the Headband. Will definitely update. Stay tuned!

Jul 11, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #15 of 76
what i plan on doing for the headband is replacing it with memory foam.  I just requested a free sample from tempurpedic and it will be the perfect fit.

I'll take the old one off and glue on the new one. 
I think the offer is only available in the U.S. though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back