external sound card that is as good or better as latest mac mini?
Dec 17, 2014 at 1:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

myemaildw

Headphoneus Supremus
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]what i heard is really incredible. but i start from going to a store of headphones. i decidec to compare those sennheiser urbanite, is sounded worse than amperiors. before i could not tell. only after having and listening to music with amperiors i could compare the headphones. then i connected those beats solo 2 that get good reviews. they sounded worse. no where close to sennheiser amperior.[/color]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)] [/color]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]then i connected it to ipads the new ipad air the sound was similar to my iphone 3gs.[/color]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]then i connected my sennheiser amperior to imac, the new imac, what i heard is nothing i have ever herd before. i have never heard the sound this good. they sounded incredible. and i understood why people say that sennheiser amperior sound good. because the sound card on my macbook is not as good as on imac. i like bass but what i heard there is so much bass that none of the people who like bass would not want any more. everying can be heard, the sound is amazing and incredible. the way amperiors sound in imac in comparison to how they sound on my macbook is a pitty hum, anyway i heard everything in songs. and i connected the sennheiser amperior to latest macbook in a mac shop and they did not sound that good as on imac. a bit better than on my mac but not that good. also i need to correct by saying i they sounded good it actually was mac mini, cause it was connected to apple monitor so i though it was imac, it’s actually latest mac mini. and i understood what a good sound it was. it is comparable like going to disco multiplied by 4[/color]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]so i really liked that sennheiser amperior sounded that they sound better than urbanite and beats solo 2, and cause i though urbanite would sound better but they don’t, they just have more bass and it’s like sennheiser beats kind of headphones. and i think they sound better than beats solo 2 headphones. and second i was glad that i got such capable headphones. the sound is just perfect with mac mini. and also i opened audio midi setup application and changed to 91000hz and 32 bit it is better sound quality than standard default wich is set to 41000hz and 16 bit.[/color]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]anyway so the question is what sound card plays sound just as good or better as latest mac mini? i don’t think i want to buy a mac mini, i don’t like desktops but sound is just good.[/color]

Dec 17, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #2 of 4
For a MAC, I think you are more looking for an external DAC/amp, then a sound card.
Schiit Fulla or FiiO E10K should do the job.

Dec 18, 2014 at 1:15 AM Post #3 of 4
  For a MAC, I think you are more looking for an external DAC/amp, then a sound card.

thanks i will consider those.

Dec 19, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #4 of 4

which one is better of the two? i got a demo today of e10k and it sounds better than mac mini. just wondering may be there is something else like that but better. also i find that wiggling the device will stop it from playing and needs a few seconds to keep on playing, so cable thing is not the best, it suits better for desktop use not so much for laptop, or may be i could velcro it to the macbook display or something. anyway really good sound.
incomparison which is better of the two?
and is there another one that is better of the above at about similar price?

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back