eXStata DIY Electrostatic Amp for Intermediate DIYers
May 2, 2010 at 3:48 AM Post #2,927 of 2,970
Yeah, that's the one. I thought this early revision only went to Fet-tastic builders. In any case, you can easily see the encoder block, arrow and LED points I am referring to.

Only other important point I can think of is that you need to run five power wires on this board version; positive and negative for each half, and one ground.

May 2, 2010 at 4:56 AM Post #2,928 of 2,970
Thanks for that Beefy.
I had the pins of the encoder switched. Figured PA0 was channel A, PA1 B and PA3 was the switch.
I switched it around right now, but still nothing.
Also I installed the two LEDs on the board and one led is on all the time while the other LED stays off regardless of what i do. Both the cathode terminals of the leds are soldered down to DGND pin that is between the two LED terminals.

I am trying to see if the output is varying or not and it is still the same.

As for how I am measuring the output, I am using the meter in VAC mode and the hot probe on the output pin and the cold probe on GND.

Inputs read 310mV wrt GND.

Feeding a 60 Hz signal at 0dB.

May 2, 2010 at 4:21 PM Post #2,930 of 2,970
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beefy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you getting 5V from each regulator? Photos will help.

Yeah, Pics. We want pics!
tongue.gif

May 4, 2010 at 1:56 PM Post #2,931 of 2,970
Hey guys. I had custom r-core PS transformers made for me here in the States. There was a misunderstanding and they made me 4 units instead of 2 units. I don't have to buy the other units, but I had use for the extra SS R-core, however, I do not have a use for the second Hybrid R-core.

The specs are: 120/240 Primaries/ 480V CT @ 70mA, and (2) 6.3V @ 1.3A Secondaries

Cost is $95 plus USPS Priority Shipping. I have to let them know if I want the others and I have to pay for them up front, so I'll need funds up front to cover it. The good news is, they are ready to ship on Friday.

LMK if you're interested, otherwise I call and only take 3 on Wednesday.

May 4, 2010 at 6:08 PM Post #2,933 of 2,970
Quote:

Originally Posted by sachu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh man...wish I hadn't bought my transformer for the Aikido.
frown.gif

Any progress with the volume control? Have you PM luvdunhill who supplied it, for trouble shooting tips? Thanks!

May 4, 2010 at 6:11 PM Post #2,934 of 2,970
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any progress with the volume control? Have you PM luvdunhill who supplied it, for trouble shooting tips? Thanks!

not yet. But will do soon here, been a bit busy with school work..

May 7, 2010 at 8:42 PM Post #2,936 of 2,970
Man, I'm bummed.  I thought one of my unkown Stax cables was for the SR-003s, but it's not.  Oh well, I'll order a SR-003 cable to go with my SR-001s...

May 9, 2010 at 7:35 PM Post #2,937 of 2,970
One more (solid state) eXStata up and running!  Listening with a pair of Koss ESP950's. Wow! First impression is that this little amp is hitting way above pay grade. Thanks Alex, for a tremendous gift to the community. This is too good not to take commercial, as it puts the high-end electrostatic world withen reach of a much broader group of listeners than ever before.

I also want to thank pabbi1 for stuffing my boards and his contagious enthusiasm for the project. I threw him some junk tube components in exchange, But I certinly got the better end of the deal. My eyes thank you too. Color codes on 1/8w resistors are no fun any more.

May 10, 2010 at 11:32 AM Post #2,939 of 2,970

Quote:
It shouldn't be too hard to make an adapter from some old PC card. 

Yeah, I saw that mod and I'll do that as an interim fix, but I do plan to buy a new SR-003 cable too. 

May 10, 2010 at 1:09 PM Post #2,940 of 2,970
As there is not a thread for the luvdunhill attenuator, i am asking this here as there should be some builders here.
Mouser is out of the 0.1uF 50V smd cap LDECB3100KA0N00, and they do not seem to have an identical sub.
Does any one have three extra to spare? How much larger can this cap go, is 3.2 x 4.5 x 2.4 okay?
i do not have board with me to check, i have a black one if that matters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back