Explosions in the Sky
Sep 7, 2005 at 4:15 PM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by kampfy
Godspeed is obviously the most immediate comparison point for Explosions In The Sky. I wouldn't really say I prefer one over the other...hell, when I saw Friday Night Lights, I thought, "Holy ****! Godspeed is on a major movie soundtrack?!"

I don't think Godspeed is a fair comparison. If you want a direct comparison try the japanese band named Mono. They are explosions in the sky with a little bit of Mogwai mixed in.

Sep 7, 2005 at 5:16 PM Post #18 of 25
So for people like me, who can't get enough of the stuff, that's a good thing...

wanders off to check out Mono

Sep 7, 2005 at 5:53 PM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by minya
GYBE, Explosions in the Sky, and Mono are pretty much the exact same band. Their albums are interchangeable.

I think thats a pretty naive statement but i respect your opinion.

Sep 7, 2005 at 6:24 PM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
So for people like me, who can't get enough of the stuff, that's a good thing...

wanders off to check out Mono

So...which one? Apparently, there's two. Good album to start?

Sep 7, 2005 at 7:09 PM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
So...which one? Apparently, there's two. Good album to start?

Start with 'One Step More and You Die' and then you can go to 'Walking Clouds...' and if you really like those two you can check out their first (lesser known) album called 'Under the Pipal Tree'.

Also, you should listen to the Album Leaf's new (2004) album called 'In a Safe Place'. That album is very highly recommended, it was recorded in Sigur Ros' studio, and if you are asking yourself who Sigur Ros is then you definitely need to listen to them as well.

Enjoy.

Sep 11, 2005 at 6:26 AM Post #22 of 25
I have Mono - One Step Closer And You Die. It's quite a good album. Haven't heard the other album though.

Sep 11, 2005 at 6:34 AM Post #23 of 25
I'm listening to Walking Clouds... right now (got it first mostly because it was the first one I could find, but also because it was produced by :bow: Steve Albini), I'll be getting the others later, tx for the rec.

And yes, I have everything (I think) by Album Leaf, already.

Sep 11, 2005 at 2:26 PM Post #24 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by minya
GYBE, Explosions in the Sky, and Mono are pretty much the exact same band. Their albums are interchangeable.

smily_headphones1.gif
I feel similarly about the first two (never heard mono), but I like the feeling of their music, so it's not a problem for me.

My favorite EITS
wink.gif
song is "With Tired Eyes, Tired Minds, Tired Souls, We Slept" . I've listened to that one more than all other stuff from them combined.

Sep 11, 2005 at 6:03 PM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuffMorgan
GY!BE is used in 28 Days Later, which is actually the first time I heard them as I sat there in the theater and thought "#@!% the movie, this song rules..."

Same here, except that I liked the movie too! Or maybe I just liked it because of the song. Oh, well, who knows. =P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back