Explain your avatar
Aug 23, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #1,756 of 3,006
Although this Jack Nicholson picture is a very famous one (and the movie being one of my top 10 or 20) what surprised me was the realism of Shelley Duvall facial scary expression acting just after seeing the axe passing through the door...

Aug 23, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #1,757 of 3,006
Mr. Potato head with big pink ears... The resemblance is uncanny.
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 23, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #1,759 of 3,006
Quote:
That movie always reminds me of the album I'm listening to right now -- King Crimson's 'In the Court of the Crimson King'. Though I don't know why.

I just did some reading bout King Crimson (first time I hear bout them).. and how on earth have I missed such a band?? I am a huge fan of Pink Floyd. 

Being on the subject.. did you guys hear about some English folk that won some lottery and decided he was ready to give it to Guns n roses to convince them on a reunion. I would have definitely spent everything trying to convince Pink Floyd (whats left of them) to reunite!

Aug 23, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #1,760 of 3,006
I just did some reading bout King Crimson (first time I hear bout them).. and how on earth have I missed such a band?? I am a huge fan of Pink Floyd. 

Being on the subject.. did you guys hear about some English folk that won some lottery and decided he was ready to give it to Guns n roses to convince them on a reunion. I would have definitely spent everything trying to convince Pink Floyd (whats left of them) to reunite!

Pink Floyd and King Crimson aren't similar at all. Well, I can see how a fan of Pink Floyd could appreciate King Crimson, but the music is really quite different.
I'm a huge fan though, so you have my glowing recommendation to listen to it in any case. :wink:

Realistically speaking, if Pink Floyd were to unite, would you really think they could produce music on their original level?
In my opinion their last three albums weren't very good at all, so let alone what they'd be capable of now. In fact -- I personally thing that all the post Syd Barrett stuff is significantly less good. Though I must say I do really enjoy Animals and Wish You Were Here.

Aug 23, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #1,761 of 3,006
Quote:
Pink Floyd and King Crimson aren't similar at all. Well, I can see how a fan of Pink Floyd could appreciate King Crimson, but the music is really quite different.
I'm a huge fan though, so you have my glowing recommendation to listen to it in any case.
wink.gif

Realistically speaking, if Pink Floyd were to unite, would you really think they could produce music on their original level?
In my opinion their last three albums weren't very good at all, so let alone what they'd be capable of now. In fact -- I personally thing that all the post Syd Barrett stuff is significantly less good. Though I must say I do really enjoy Animals and Wish You Were Here.

I haven't listened to King Crimson so I wouldn't know bout their exact style. Reading progressive and acid rock was enough to assume that they would have something in common. 

As for the albums.. I have never really been a huge fan of Barrett. I really appreciate his work and I think some of the songs he wrote are amazing however, I prefer Meddle, DSOTM, Wish you were here and The Wall... and I could find some other masterpiece songs in the later albums. 

Well of course they wont be that good, but... its been my dream to see them together ever since I started listening to them. I remember my dad watching them on TV in 2005 on Live 8.. and seeing him cry, even though he has never been a Floyd fan. At the time I didnt know what they were but later I realized as a started to listen to them. 

I will definitely do try listening to King Crimson.. as soon as I get my hands on some CDs or high resolution files.. Thanks for that.

Regarding my avatar.. I kinda lacked any creative ideas so I put this.. its one of my favorite films... I do intend to put something more personal soon..

Aug 24, 2012 at 4:27 AM Post #1,762 of 3,006

I'm a huge pink floyd fan, i saw roger waters in 2010-2011 preforming the wall it was great :) if you like pink floyd you'd like pocupine tree it's the same genre but i think that pink floyd uniquer

Aug 24, 2012 at 5:11 AM Post #1,763 of 3,006
I'm a huge pink floyd fan, i saw roger waters in 2010-2011 preforming the wall it was great :) if you like pink floyd you'd like pocupine tree it's the same genre but i think that pink floyd uniquer

LOL.

If you're recommending Porcupine Tree to a Pink Floyd fan, then I gotta say that King Crimson is much closer in sound.
Imo, the sound of Porcupine Tree has pretty much nothing in common with that of Pink Floyd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back