Exceptional in Every Detail: Say Hello to the IE 600
Dec 10, 2023 at 7:17 PM Post #2,041 of 2,288
Are the qc issues reported on reddit and amazon that bad? The two most frequently mentioned issues are sudden sound lost on one ear unit (and people blaming driver failure) and faulty MMCX connection.

While I can understand the second issue regarding MMCX because this connection type may be difficult to nail, I'm struggling to believe the first issue. A DD driver can just "go quiet" or "start distorting/crackling" by itself? Is this DD driver in the IE600 that fragile?

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2023 at 9:47 PM Post #2,042 of 2,288
Today’s IE600 set up, sounds beautiful.

Shanling M3 Ultra - Chord Mojo (OG) - Astell and Kern PA10 - IE600 with GUCraftsman cable.

The USB cable is a ddhifi as is the analog interconnect and 4.4mm to 3.5mm adapter on the IEM cable. Divinus Velvet tips.

I have used 4 different cables on the IE600 and would like to say I can hear differences but that simply isn’t the case. I settled on the GUCraftsman because I prefer the aesthetic of it, matches the IE600 really well.

IMG_0045.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2023 at 11:05 PM Post #2,043 of 2,288
ok, so Im going back from the Xinhs cable to the stock one. I found that at the MMCX connectors there was too much wiggle room, I don't want to be wiggling in that already weak area.

Dec 10, 2023 at 11:36 PM Post #2,044 of 2,288
ok, so Im going back from the Xinhs cable to the stock one. I found that at the MMCX connectors there was too much wiggle room, I don't want to be wiggling in that already weak area.

I found the Effect Audio and GUCraftsman cable fit a lot more firmly with a crisper click fit than the stock one.

The Effect Audio is a bit pricey but the GUCraftsman is quite reasonably priced in the scheme of things. Might be another option for you if you were initially interested in something other than the stock cable.

https://www.amazon.com/GUCraftsman-...-N30/dp/B08S36YQNS?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1

Dec 11, 2023 at 1:08 AM Post #2,045 of 2,288
I found the Effect Audio and GUCraftsman cable fit a lot more firmly with a crisper click fit than the stock one.

The Effect Audio is a bit pricey but the GUCraftsman is quite reasonably priced in the scheme of things. Might be another option for you if you were initially interested in something other than the stock cable.

https://www.amazon.com/GUCraftsman-...-N30/dp/B08S36YQNS?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1
That is a lovely looking cable! It's only twice as expensive as the xinhs cable... Which is to say it's still reasonably priced.

Dec 12, 2023 at 11:05 PM Post #2,047 of 2,288
Loving the IE600, fast becoming a favourite.

Their final incarnation, GUCraftsman cable because the colour of the MMCX matches the IE600 nicely and Divinus Velvet tips with a thin spacer to push them out along the nozzle.

New Ear Men ST-Amp sounds fabulous with them, fatigue free all day listening despite the crisp treble of the IE600 and a relatively loud listening level !

IMG_0051.jpeg

Dec 25, 2023 at 10:06 PM Post #2,049 of 2,288
Xinhs cables told me they sent me the wrong cable. They offered me a discount on a new cable, but they have been a friggin nightmare to deal with. Just take my word, avoid them, waste of money and time.

Dec 26, 2023 at 4:51 AM Post #2,050 of 2,288
Xinhs cables told me they sent me the wrong cable. They offered me a discount on a new cable, but they have been a friggin nightmare to deal with. Just take my word, avoid them, waste of money and time.

I have had the completely opposite experience.

I contacted them four times through the shop part of the app for different custom cables, I made sure my request was very clear since I expected a language barrier. Effortless and easy service and the cables were delivered quickly and cheaply and they were all exactly as ordered and nicely made.

I have also bought four other standard cables, again no problems at all.

I have to wonder if you were not clear in your communication with them, only guessing since your experience sounds like the polar opposite of mine.

Dec 26, 2023 at 8:22 AM Post #2,051 of 2,288

I contacted them four times through the shop part of the app for different custom cables, I made sure my request was very clear since I expected a language barrier. Effortless and easy service and the cables were delivered quickly and cheaply and they were all exactly as ordered and nicely made.

I have to wonder if you were not clear in your communication with them, only guessing since your experience sounds like the polar opposite of mine.
That’s a gamble for the next customer. I’m done with them.

Dec 26, 2023 at 12:06 PM Post #2,052 of 2,288

Same here.

Dec 26, 2023 at 8:22 PM Post #2,054 of 2,288
Dec 28, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #2,055 of 2,288
Hate to air out my bad news. The pair of IE 600 that I received as replacements might actually have a worse short in the right MMCX connector. Bit heart broken and don't want to go through the process though. I can fiddle them into place and stay still enough to not lose connection, but my worry is if I ever decide to sell these. I can't in good faith sell these if it came to that. They cost too much (for me) to lose all their value at resale.

I am hoping these are a 'forever' ear-monitor in my collection and I hope they can last - kind of not sure. I do believe everything else except the cables and tips are going to last for a good while. Just keep the plastic clean on the spout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back