Exceptional in Every Detail: Say Hello to the IE 600
Oct 11, 2023 at 6:33 PM Post #1,921 of 2,288
If you're looking for a cheap IE600 cable the Tripowin Amber works. It's very similar to the Zonie but with interchangeable terminations and different MMCX connectors. No wobble, no disconnect issues, and no need to trim off the plastic pieces on the ends (there are none). Currently $24 for Prime Day, I think $30 normally. It's not as well made as some of the premium cables I've tried but you can't beat the price.

Oct 17, 2023 at 4:54 PM Post #1,922 of 2,288
Have read many stuff about different tips for IE600 and the way they change the sound signature. Now my solution is using stock silicone tips at home for best sound and Comply TX-200, when I'm going outside, because in the stock tips I hear every footstep and the isolation isn't also that good as in Complys. But the foam Complys do change the sound. I tried also SpinFit CP100-M 2Gen, they are pretty comfortable, bit more than the stock silicone ones, but they do change the sound a bit. What is your experience, which ones do change the sound of the original tips as little as possible and are more comfortable?

Oh yeah, and if someone is interested in a replacement cable, I'm using this one from Amazon, it is light, no memory effect, on the thin side, but the MMCX connectors fit very good:
https://www.amazon.com/Silver-Plated-Earphone-Upgrade-Sennheiser/dp/B0C7R988ZK

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2023 at 5:15 PM Post #1,923 of 2,288
If you're looking for a cheap IE600 cable the Tripowin Amber works. It's very similar to the Zonie but with interchangeable terminations and different MMCX connectors. No wobble, no disconnect issues, and no need to trim off the plastic pieces on the ends (there are none). Currently $24 for Prime Day, I think $30 normally. It's not as well made as some of the premium cables I've tried but you can't beat the price.
First I'll wait and see if the cheap ass Ali express one arrives , always good to have another option

Oct 17, 2023 at 11:48 PM Post #1,924 of 2,288
Funnily enough I was just about to write about cables too. Early on I replaced the stock tips with Final Type E tips which fitted and sounded much better. I wasn't happy with the cable but lived with it for a while until it bugged me too much so I researched online and more people recommended the Ethos Series Mk V cable for the IE600s than any other so I ordered one.

It took a while to get here and was quite expensive (c. 90 UKP all-in) but I thought it worth it for IEMs costing 6 times the price. When it arrived I listened to a couple of songs I know well then swapped the old for the new and played them again. The simplest way I can describe it is that it was like happily listening to music with my eyes closed, then someone pulling open the curtains that I hadn't noticed were in front of the speakers. Within moments I heard something I'd never heard before and was marvelling at the increase in detail, clarity, positioning and sound stage.

"It's only a bit of wire, it can't change the sound!" I hear someone call from the back. Tell that to all the people who commented on the Null Audio page and anyone who has tried it. It can and does improve the sound, an easy 90 UKP upgrade in my opinion. I know it's a lot to spend on a cable but if you're thinking about a buying new one, DO check it out, I heartily recommend it.

https://www.null-audio.com/collecti...ethos-5n-cgocc-a-silver-plated-earphone-cable
(No connection, just a very happy customer.)

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2023 at 3:32 AM Post #1,925 of 2,288
Early on I replaced the stock tips with Final Type E tips which fitted and sounded much better.
I was thinking about the tips too, but what do you mean they sounded much better, what did change?

Ethos Series Mk V cable for the IE600s
As above, was thinking about this cable too, but as you wrote, it's quite expensive. How about other stuff, microphonics, memory, weight etc.?

Oct 18, 2023 at 7:02 AM Post #1,926 of 2,288
Funnily enough I was just about to write about cables too. Early on I replaced the stock tips with Final Type E tips which fitted and sounded much better. I wasn't happy with the cable but lived with it for a while until it bugged me too much so I researched online and more people recommended the Ethos Series Mk V cable for the IE600s than any other so I ordered one.

It took a while to get here and was quite expensive (c. 90 UKP all-in) but I thought it worth it for IEMs costing 6 times the price. When it arrived I listened to a couple of songs I know well then swapped the old for the new and played them again. The simplest way I can describe it is that it was like happily listening to music with my eyes closed, then someone pulling open the curtains that I hadn't noticed were in front of the speakers. Within moments I heard something I'd never heard before and was marvelling at the increase in detail, clarity, positioning and sound stage.

"It's only a bit of wire, it can't change the sound!" I hear someone call from the back. Tell that to all the people who commented on the Null Audio page and anyone who has tried it. It can and does improve the sound, an easy 90 UKP upgrade in my opinion. I know it's a lot to spend on a cable but if you're thinking about a buying new one, DO check it out, I heartily recommend it.

https://www.null-audio.com/collecti...ethos-5n-cgocc-a-silver-plated-earphone-cable
(No connection, just a very happy customer.)
Yeah, I'll be able to swap between the 10e ali express and the stock cable,, if there is a noticeable difference I'll definetly take a more expensive cable to have peace of mind and stop faffing about with a 600 euro headphone I've bought and get living the most out of it

Oct 18, 2023 at 8:55 PM Post #1,927 of 2,288
I was thinking about the tips too, but what do you mean they sounded much better, what did change?

As above, was thinking about this cable too, but as you wrote, it's quite expensive. How about other stuff, microphonics, memory, weight etc.?
I think the main improvement with the Type E tips was the fit, they're slightly softer than the supplied ones and mould to fit the ear canal better. The obvious improvement was the bass, due to the better fit.

Assuming you have a decent source, I don't believe you'd regret buying this cable for a moment. As with most IEM cables, the ear hooks tangle but otherwise it's better, less memory, pretty light, and soft to the touch. Put it this way, I've just spent 155 UKP (inc. delivery, which is expensive as they ship it in days rather than weeks after making it by hand) on a cable from them for my Edition XS cans, I was so impressed, and I never thought I'd spend more than 20 UKP on a cable.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2023 at 8:55 PM Post #1,928 of 2,288
I bought the Null Audio Arete cable for my ER4XR and I really liked it -- way more expensive than I'd like, but the cable has a nice weight to it and is super soft/has no memory, so it's super easy to wrap and use. I'm thinking about buying either the Arete or the Ethos cable as a replacement cable for the IE600. I currently have a Hart Audio cable and while I like the convenience of the mini-XLR interconnect system, it's really stiff and has a lot of memory, so it's always coiling up when I'm at my desk.

I've done some more tip testing, so hopefully this will help some folks out. The large stock silicone tips work fine for me, but they don't always seal (I need to adjust it a bit to get it to seal and it's not super consistent). I ended up trying
- Azla SednaEarfit (L and ML) >> the L is too large; the ML fits and I can get a seal, but it's still larger than I'd like and my ears start to feel uncomfortable after using these for a few minutes
- Final Type E (L) >> a bit more comfortable than the SednaEarfit, but I still get some discomfort after using these for a few minutes
- Spinfit CP100+ (L) >> super comfortable and great seal

Oct 18, 2023 at 9:21 PM Post #1,929 of 2,288
I currently have a Hart Audio cable and while I like the convenience of the mini-XLR interconnect system, it's really stiff and has a lot of memory, so it's always coiling up when I'm at my desk.
I considered their cables, the interconnect system seems like a great idea but I could imagine it getting in the way, it's more bulk to carry around, and another connection in the signal chain that could degrade the sound. It's good to know about the other problems too.

The trouble with tips is that it's such a personal thing, all you can do is try the ones that most people recommend and find the best fit for you - for me the Azla and Spinfits didn't sound quite right, the Type E was just what I wanted (although I agree, I have to take them out and rub my ears every few hours but I think that's true of most, ears aren't supposed to have things stuffed in them for long periods of time).

Oct 19, 2023 at 4:23 AM Post #1,930 of 2,288
I think the main improvement with the Type E tips was the fit, they're slightly softer than the supplied ones and mould to fit the ear canal better. The obvious improvement was the bass, due to the better fit.
You're quite right about the hardness of the stock silicone tips. I really love them because of the sound, but they are quite hard on the edge and that irritates my ear canals more than usual, but there is more. I'm using M size tips, because they fit the best (S size doesn't seal anything, L is way to large), but I would also say, that they fit "too good" in my ears. I've had different IEMs and tips in my life, but never had this kind of issues - I hear my heart beating pretty loud (even with some silent music, not only in total silence) and walking around is connected with loud thumping. That's why I think the edge od the tips is too hard and pushes too strong against my ear canal, therefore the heartbeat sound.

If the only change with the Final E tips for you is the comfort and more bass, then I would rather stay with my SpinFit CP100, because they'are also softer and bassier than the stock silicone tips.

Assuming you have a decent source, I don't believe you'd regret buying this cable for a moment. As with most IEM cables, the ear hooks tangle but otherwise it's better, less memory, pretty light, and soft to the touch. Put it this way, I've just spent 155 UKP (inc. delivery, which is expensive as they ship it in days rather than weeks after making it by hand) on a cable from them for my Edition XS cans, I was so impressed, and I never thought I'd spend more than 20 UKP on a cable.
You're tempting me:) My source is now Hibys R5 Gen II on class A amp mode, so I would assume it's quite all right. I don't bother about the tangling of the earhooks, I hate the stiff earhooks in the stock cable, never liked this kind of solution. I've also never wanted to spend more than 30 USD on a cable, but you're also right, that it could be worth it. Thanks for your insights, need to thing about that.

Oct 19, 2023 at 8:43 AM Post #1,931 of 2,288
Just a mention on tips for anyone who hasn't tried them yet. After trying a few makes the blue Tin Hifi foam tips are great. My favourite so far. But that's combined with a Mojo 2. A bit too neutral with a BTR5.

IE600 & Mojo 2... Oh my goodness, so good.

Oct 19, 2023 at 11:45 AM Post #1,932 of 2,288
This will probably be blasphemy to some but something I have really enjoyed recently is EQing the ie600 to the Andromeda 2020 target reference.

It turns the ie600 in to this incredible smooth iem with the fantastic timbre I love the ie600.

Oct 24, 2023 at 7:00 PM Post #1,935 of 2,288
Just a mention on tips for anyone who hasn't tried them yet. After trying a few makes the blue Tin Hifi foam tips are great. My favourite so far. But that's combined with a Mojo 2. A bit too neutral with a BTR5.

IE600 & Mojo 2... Oh my goodness, so good.
Do they come in different sizes? I found a listing on Amazon but no reference to size. Also is there an internal filter inside the ear tips to keep ear crud away from the speakers? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back