EX600 and FXT90: Comparisons solicited >>>>
Feb 8, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #2 of 4
I also love the FXT90s and have tried the ex600 in parallel. The sonys have quite an expansive soundstage for an IEM, in my opinion it rivals that of my k601.

In terms of sound the major difference you hear is note thickness from the fxt90, it has a nice amount of bass that is not overwhelming. The sonys do not have that boosted bass, but it is there, punch, and linear. I would argue the mids are a bit more forward in the ex600s than the fxt90s, but both do vocals extremely well. The treble is where it gets interesting, the fxt90s have a solid amount of sparkle and extension without any added harshness. The sonys however extend higher but is more prone to sibilance due to a couple of peaks in its treble.

Overall I still use the fxt90s as my go to IEM, the sonys I couldn't really find a use for, they have terrble isolation and for me is suited mostly for quiet use when you can't bring a set of cans.

Feb 8, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #3 of 4
I appreciate the feedback.

I've read about the EX1000 upper mid/lower treble peaks but not from the 600. That is concerning.

The FXT is just awesome.

Feb 9, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #4 of 4
I find the peaks tend to vary by ear...for instance joker reports no extra sibilance or grain, but a lot of members do. My friend who tried them out cannot stand the extra peaks on the ex600, but to my ears it is nothing that is too abnormal. They compliment the fxt's well just by presentation alone (laid back and airy rather than in your face).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back