Eversolo DMP-A6 Network Streamer/DAC
Apr 9, 2024 at 8:16 AM Post #766 of 810
Logically that has to be the reason. Going to find the other cd sometime this week. Just another dimension of ripping cd’s. I remembered that there used to be some sort of loudness wars or something to that effect in the days of cd’s being produced.
I have some nat king cole albums in different productions, some are totally awfull. I even have some vinyls, that sound insane amazing, but the digital recording (of that specific album, various of them), my life… a total utter remaster f*ck up

Apr 9, 2024 at 8:12 PM Post #767 of 810
I have some nat king cole albums in different productions, some are totally awfull. I even have some vinyls, that sound insane amazing, but the digital recording (of that specific album, various of them), my life… a total utter remaster f*ck up
Yep different production's. The one on the left sounds better. If I was one of those salesmen I could put the left one on a more expensive setup and the one on the right on a lesser expensive setup and have one listen to the difference of the setups or have two setups with a more expensive usb cable and claim it was the cable.

I am sure you are wise enough to know but many would not.

Attachments

• IMG_0144.jpeg
    IMG_0144.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0145.jpeg
    IMG_0145.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Apr 10, 2024 at 11:03 PM Post #768 of 810
Native Apple Music plus PEQ is a pretty killer combo for my system but I’d prefer to use my DAC rather than the integrated DAC. I’ve tried to skim this thread (hopefully this isn’t the fifteenth time for this question) and the A6 manual on Eversolo’s website predates PEQ’s addition:

Can you use PEQ over the digital outputs on the A6? The A8 manual specifically mentions PEQ works only with analog outs, assuming the A6 is the same.

Apr 11, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #769 of 810
Native Apple Music plus PEQ is a pretty killer combo for my system but I’d prefer to use my DAC rather than the integrated DAC. I’ve tried to skim this thread (hopefully this isn’t the fifteenth time for this question) and the A6 manual on Eversolo’s website predates PEQ’s addition:

Can you use PEQ over the digital outputs on the A6? The A8 manual specifically mentions PEQ works only with analog outs, assuming the A6 is the same.
EQ works fine to my A6 digital outputs.

Apr 12, 2024 at 5:29 AM Post #770 of 810

Yes on the A6 the DSP EQ functions apply to any of the outputs be they digital or analog, in contrast to the A8 where as you say they can only be heard via the analog outputs.

Apr 12, 2024 at 8:34 AM Post #772 of 810
You can do that with the A8 as well, I hate EQ in any form, but that is another discussion
Well, sometimes for speakers it is a good way-out from boomyness and darkness, something like mild room correction, if you know what are you doing. I also hate doing DSP in digital since often it messes with soundstage and do not use the A6 EQ; but I use a 7band tube pre-amp and click, click, one-two notches up and down, are fully ok and beneficial often, and fit different moods.

Apr 13, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #773 of 810
Anyone know if A6 or A8 has volume balance control now thru new firmware updates? Also what is the highest upsample rate in pcm and dsd it can do ? Thanks.

Apr 14, 2024 at 12:48 PM Post #774 of 810
About the upsampling options on the Eversolo DMP-A6. I couldn't get anything to work in this regard until the Eversolo Audio Engine setting is set to OFF. Then the different sampling rate options work as they should from original sampling rate to 192 kHz. This is using the internal music player playing local PCM 2ch FLAC files, I am not sure what happens if you use streaming services as the source. The digital outputs if you have enabled them reflect the new sampling rate, I have checked the SPDIF coax and USB Audio OUT, presumably HDMI follows this as well. One thing to note that if you are currently actively playing a track and change the sampling rate in the A6 settings, it will not take effect until the next track in the play queue is started. So maybe halt any music playback, change the rate, then start music playback again to avoid any confusion. Need to listen a lot more before offering any opinion on whether upsampling on this device alters the sound quality.
I was about to ask a question about the ability to manually change the sample rate of my local FLAC and ALAC files. It sounds like this is possible up to 192 kHz.

Apr 15, 2024 at 9:59 AM Post #777 of 810
Anyone know if A6 or A8 has volume balance control now thru new firmware updates? Also what is the highest upsample rate in pcm and dsd it can do ? Thanks.
There is a volume balance option now on the A6 and I assume also on the A8. Upsampling on the A6 is possible up to 192 kHz PCM, you need to turn the Eversolo original sample feature OFF to get this to work.

Apr 15, 2024 at 10:53 AM Post #778 of 810
There is a volume balance option now on the A6 and I assume also on the A8. Upsampling on the A6 is possible up to 192 kHz PCM, you need to turn the Eversolo original sample feature OFF to get this to work.
Thanks. That's awesome news, I like the volume balance feature. Any word if A6 or A8 will be able to upsample up to 384khz PCM in future firmware?

Apr 16, 2024 at 6:12 PM Post #780 of 810
I switched up a little bit. I purchased a decent quality spdif coaxial to go from the a6 and feed the ef499 and have decent quality cables from 499 to the Nitsch Maximus (RCA) and xlr to the Schiit Midgard.

I disconnected the Amazon Music in hires and switched to Tidal since it is the same price now.

Ripped CD’s sound comparable to MQA but with this setup if I listen to a MQA song and the same album song (sure I don’t know some stuff) but I can hear the singer breathing now.

The Spdif I caved and purchased is an audio quest black carbon .75 meter..

I can hear a difference with usb and spdif. Spdif sounds better and I am still not sold audio quest black carbon has more magical power than another 75 ohm cable but it looks good. :) that was a splurge though.

Attachments

• IMG_0279.jpeg
    IMG_0279.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back