Ever seen this Sony Discman before?
May 27, 2006 at 12:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

eduj

1000+ Head-Fier
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-discman-bla...QQcmdZViewItem

blink.gif

May 27, 2006 at 12:40 AM Post #3 of 34
Yeah I've heard that one before, it's not all that great. It has some nasty coloration in the midrange, and an overall lack of clarity. The clear glass version is much more accurate IMHO, and presents the music as it was intended to be heard. Not to mention they show the blue glass version, but the auction title says it's the black one, which is obviously a ploy to get those interested in the much more desirable black glass model (but still less sought after than the clear glass) to bid on their auction.

Several Head-Fi members have been burned by the hype over the blue glass discman too. Don't believe the hype, it's not as great as the reviews make it out to be.

Fitz
smily_headphones1.gif

May 27, 2006 at 12:46 AM Post #4 of 34
You fail to realise the other possibility, that he is selling a glass and accidently typed in the wrong item description.
580smile.gif

May 27, 2006 at 12:51 AM Post #5 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh
You fail to realise the other possibility, that he is selling a glass and accidently typed in the wrong item description.
580smile.gif

biggrin.gif
Ahahahaha

May 27, 2006 at 1:33 AM Post #8 of 34
We should start up a 'weird ebay things' fund. Everybody throw in a couple bucks to someone responsible and see what kind of awful junk we can find.
wink.gif

May 27, 2006 at 2:33 AM Post #9 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon.
We should start up a 'weird ebay things' fund. Everybody throw in a couple bucks to someone responsible and see what kind of awful junk we can find.
wink.gif

I guess you have never been to STUPID.COM
Happy shopping!

http://www.stupid.com/index.html

May 27, 2006 at 2:54 AM Post #11 of 34
Yeah, I agree with Fitz that on the green glass version the sound is a bit too colored for my ears. I've also noticed that bass on the green glass version can also be at times a bit muddy or cloudy.
icon10.gif

May 27, 2006 at 3:37 AM Post #13 of 34
That happen when you use other people links....get your own pics.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back