Ever seen something like this?
Oct 15, 2012 at 9:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Bassix

100+ Head-Fier
Today at my college tech program, as I was waiting for my bus to take me back to high school, I saw a few people walk by with some nice headphones from the audio courses, Beyerdynamic's, Audio Technica, Bose, and Grado's (Not a single Dre product, the happiness I had from seeing this...)

Well anyways, I see a guy walk over to a table about 20 feet away from me, sit down, and pull out Beats Tours, the earbuds. No big deal, a lot of people have them, then I see this guy pull out a FiiO E11 amp, and hook it into an iPod shuffle, turn the gain to high, EQ to two, and turn it all the way up. I could hear Lil' Wayne from my table, from those things, and it sounded like someone was jumping in a pit of crackers. WHO DOES THIS CRAP?

(To top it off, he bobbed his head to the music and looked around all proud)

Oct 16, 2012 at 3:12 AM Post #2 of 6
Firstly, I would like to say that I can only dream of being surrounded by audiophiles like what you're experiencing in your college. Right here in my place, wearing an over-ear IEMs is enough to be considered a freak.

About the Beats fanboy, I guess he was just trolling audiophiles around him. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 16, 2012 at 7:38 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
Firstly, I would like to say that I can only dream of being surrounded by audiophiles like what you're experiencing in your college. Right here in my place, wearing an over-ear IEMs is enough to be considered a freak.

About the Beats fanboy, I guess he was just trolling audiophiles around him. 
biggrin.gif

I wouldn't say surrounded, there are about 10-15 people in that class. He isn't trolling, I saw him do they exact same thing today with nobody in the room with him other than me, and I was basically sleeping and have never brought my headphones there with me. I have been sort of hoping to see someone mention classes on here so I would actually know someone
biggrin.gif

Quote:
no, but I'm wondering if he can hear anything now :| or are his eardrums still intact? trolling or not, I wouldn't risk damaging my hearing...

I'm scared to damage my hearing, if I was deaf.... the pointlessness life would have
frown.gif
I just don't understand how someone could use an IEM to such extent that they would damage their hearing. I've seen people blast music off of iPod volume, but never with an amp like that.

Oct 16, 2012 at 9:25 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
Same here...That's why usually wear my Etys in public. My TF10s and all other over-ear IEMs are for using in my room.

I don't fully understand why though, just listen to what you'd prefer to listen to on the move.

I get awkward stares when I go out in public with M50's or Denon D2k's when I'm lucky enough to be allowed to borrow them from my friend, you don't see people walking around with huge headphones all the time. I especially get weird looks with over-ear IEMs, only because people are so used to seeing the average person wearing sony and apple IEM/buds just hanging out of their ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back