European Meet?
Nov 19, 2004 at 7:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 120

Feanor

1000+ Head-Fier
Anybody want to have a European meet? Now that discout airlines are everywhere, we should be able to get together somewhere...
I don't want to get my expectations high, but perhaps in a few months (say, by feb.), we could plan a meet?

Nov 19, 2004 at 7:18 PM Post #2 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feanor
Anybody want to have a European meet? Now that discout airlines are everywhere, we should be able to get together somewhere...
I don't want to get my expectations high, but perhaps in a few months (say, by feb.), we could plan a meet?

I'd be happy to help arrange something here in Marbella, Spain. Air tickets are cheap and it's one of the few places in Europe with nice weather in Feb..
smily_headphones1.gif

Can even sit outside and take a beer in Feb.....
wink.gif

Nov 19, 2004 at 8:44 PM Post #3 of 120
i'm interested in a head-fi meet.
I was at the last meet at Jan Meier's.... and it was a great experience.
Unfortunately not so a great experience for my wallet (prehead).

Anyway, i'd love to meet more addicts, it's always weird getting stared at when you reach for your headphones with bubbly eyes
600smile.gif

Nov 19, 2004 at 9:15 PM Post #4 of 120
Thank you for your offer, ipodstudio. Actually, I cant think of a better place for a meet in feb. than south Spain (maybe an island even souther).
The Meier-meet is the one that convinced me it is'nt impossible to have a meet in Europe. The low airfares are the other. Man, I hope there is a real chance for this.

Nov 19, 2004 at 9:55 PM Post #5 of 120
Quote:

Thank you for your offer, ipodstudio. Actually, I cant think of a better place for a meet in feb. than south Spain (maybe an island even souther).
The Meier-meet is the one that convinced me it is'nt impossible to have a meet in Europe. The low airfares are the other. Man, I hope there is a real chance for this.

Well, if we did it here I could arrange a whole appartment just for that purpose and help have someone at the airport to meet you to help with all that stuff!!
Like I said, I'll definately arrange it if we can get a few heads together. Boodi, Nik, Jan, plainsong, bangraman etc..etc.. you guys in?

Nov 19, 2004 at 10:17 PM Post #7 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taurui
I'm very interested in this too
smily_headphones1.gif

If it's not too expensive count me in =)

OK. I'll post a similar thread over at the ipod studio as well. Let us gather names...
biggrin.gif

Nov 19, 2004 at 10:24 PM Post #8 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
OK. I'll post a similar thread over at the ipod studio as well. Let us gather names...
biggrin.gif

Whooot! A big multi-forum Audio enthusiast [size=xx-small][/geek][/size] meet!
[size=xx-small]
[a side note: anything before feb. is not good for me, the reason for me writing that month. I would think the semester ends around that time for everybody, so this would be nice after the exams][/size]

<points to sig>

Nov 19, 2004 at 11:34 PM Post #10 of 120
I found airline tickets from Bratislava for 100 Euro's roundtrip... not bad. It'll be fun hitchhiking to bratislava with 1000$ worth of audio equipment... Hmmm. Maybe I'll get somebody to drive me.

Nov 19, 2004 at 11:43 PM Post #11 of 120
Quote:

I found airline tickets from Bratislava for 100 Euro's roundtrip... not bad. It'll be fun hitchhiking to bratislava with 1000$ worth of audio equipment... Hmmm. Maybe I'll get somebody to drive me.

Yeah, maybe a fixed ride would be prudent...
biggrin.gif

Nov 20, 2004 at 12:07 PM Post #12 of 120
OK, here are the maps for my proposal. Rembember, this is just one idea. The meet can be anywhere in Europe, but I for one could & would arrange one here:

large_map-of-spain2.jpg

large_map_of_malaga-region.jpg

Nov 21, 2004 at 1:00 AM Post #13 of 120
If it can be somewhere between the 17th and 28th of Feb., I'm game. We can all crash at the same apartment, and have a head-fi slumber party. First one asleep gets their hand in warm water.
wink.gif

Nov 21, 2004 at 1:09 AM Post #14 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong
If it can be somewhere between the 17th and 28th of Feb., I'm game. We can all crash at the same apartment, and have a head-fi slumber party. First one asleep gets their hand in warm water.
wink.gif

If any Finns are interested in going, let me know. I have it planned that I'd take the train to Tampere, and then fly from there to Stansted. The plane lands at 11pm, and the flight to Grenada is 7am. There are plenty of relatively cheap B&B's nearby (thanks Doctjuggles!), so if anyone wants to split hotel costs, or maybe get a group rate or something, let me know.

Nov 21, 2004 at 1:24 AM Post #15 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong
If any Finns are interested in going, let me know. I have it planned that I'd take the train to Tampere, and then fly from there to Stansted. The plane lands at 11pm, and the flight to Grenada is 7am. There are plenty of relatively cheap B&B's nearby (thanks Doctjuggles!), so if anyone wants to split hotel costs, or maybe get a group rate or something, let me know.

My, it's getting pretty late 'round here. I'm planning to go from stansted as well, but I have yet to check out the incoming flight time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back