European Championship 2012 (Football / Footbol / Soccer)
Jun 9, 2012 at 6:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 295

OK-Guy

Headphoneus Supremus
 ​
 ​
Well it's that time again when we get all nationalistic & tribal and abuse others from other Countries in the glorious name of football...
 ​
C'mon England I say...
 ​
For God, England & Elizabeth (my take on Henry V)
 ​
 ​
For those not supporting England... I truly hope you lose
 ​
Groups & Match Schedule Link:
 ​
 ​
European Championship - News, Reports, Podcast etc
 ​

​

Jun 9, 2012 at 7:01 AM Post #2 of 295
That's the spirit! Xenophobic nationalism. 
wink_face.gif

Seriously though, England stand NO chance of winning the Euro's.

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:
 ​
 ​
Well it's that time again when we get all nationalistic & tribal and abuse others from other Countries in the glorious name of football...
 ​
C'mon England I say...
 ​
For God, England & Elizabeth (my take on Henry V)
 ​
 ​
For those not supporting England... I truly hope you lose
 ​
Groups & Match Schedule Link:
 ​
 ​
European Championship - News, Reports, Podcast etc
 ​

​

Jun 9, 2012 at 8:57 AM Post #4 of 295
England won´t win no. That´s for sure.
Sweden won´t get through the group that´s also for sure but I am sure we will beat you guys.
Netherlands will take it home this time. Will make sure to break all the legs necessary to beat Spain which have to many that already won it all.
Germany is always interesting but obviously they now can loose on penalties :wink:.
Dark horse Russia will never make it but it would be fun.

Jun 9, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #5 of 295
Quote:
England won´t win no. That´s for sure.
Sweden won´t get through the group that´s also for sure but I am sure we will beat you guys.
Netherlands will take it home this time. Will make sure to break all the legs necessary to beat Spain which have to many that already won it all.
Germany is always interesting but obviously they now can loose on penalties :wink:.
Dark horse Russia will never make it but it would be fun.

England won't win huh... they said that about Denmark & Greece
wink_face.gif

you'll beat us.... in your dreams

Germany, France & Holland look strong... the Italian's if they're interested are always a dark horse... the Ruskies looked inventive last nice.

simmering nicely
beerchug.gif

Jun 9, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #6 of 295
I'm watching the Danes hold off the Dutch right now and I'm fairly surprised. The Dutch have no one to blame but themselves; they've missed so many opportunities. I also watched Russia come out strong against C.R. yesterday. The Russian defense absolutely strangled the Czechs and I think they have a chance to go far in this tourney if they keep playing that well.

Jun 10, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #8 of 295
Oy, Holland needs to take Robben out. His form right now is shockingly horrible.
Germany had a tough match. Who knew Portugal could actually play solid defense?
England will make it out of the group, but no further.
Unfortunately, I think Spain will win it all again. My dark horses are Croatia and Russia though.

Jun 10, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #9 of 295
So far, the only team that plaid as not an team were Holland, but these guys are always slow with start, only this time they failed in their strategy totally. They run out of their steam pretty quickly and couldnt score a single time, whily Danish guys were more focused on the coach instructions and ones they got the chance, boom and done. Take the second part mostly, how many times Danish didnt use their possibility of contrattack? I think 4-5 at least and if they did, they may finished with 3-0 easy. They were more compact and focused and thats helped them to keep the score. I truly hope that Dutch players will realise that they have to leave behind all their personal abilities and become an real team, otherwise they will be back to home very soon, however they have to be like that from the start, especially in their group.

Russians were lucky that Czech's gave them that much space to do what they did, so, Czechs were bad in my opinion, especilly their keeper. I couldnt believe how bad he was this time, remember how he was with Chelsea vs Bayer? Well, if you didnt see the game, just check again pls and you will understand. On the other hand, Russians showed their ability of playing a good football like a team and l like it, hopefully they keep that to the end, whenever it may come for them...

Germany keeps their strategy for ages and it works. I realy like Portugal, its alive and very fresh play, also very recognizable, but they were out of luck this time, pity, could be more dramatically in the good way, but its not over yet, at least I hope they think the same way and will fight back with more fire.

And finally, Greece vs Poland, man, did I like Greece? Hell yes, especially with that nasty job of referee that totally destroid the team, but not their spirit. Poland were not bad at all,  but with such push up from this Spanish guy, you must be totally out of luck to play bad, however their play in the first part seem to be more alike on play, cos second one they thought they already won, but they were wrong.

So far, and not based on the quality play only, Greece and Portugal are the favorite teams for me.

Jun 10, 2012 at 4:44 AM Post #10 of 295
Thanks to Robben for throwing away so many chances and giving us three highly unexpected points 
bigsmile_face.gif

Now everything can happen in the group of death....

Jun 10, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #14 of 295
Quote:

despite what Ultra says.... I reckon it could be Holland & the Danes who go through... in the 'group of death' hell is the easy option
popcorn.gif

No way that the Germans don't get through. I'd put my money on

Group A: Russia & ?????

Group B: Germany & Portugal

Group C: Spain & Croatia(?)

Group D: Sweden & England

Jun 11, 2012 at 6:23 AM Post #15 of 295
France/UK and Sweden/Ukraine today.

Hasn´t really seen anything of the french this year will be interesting.

Sweden and Ukraine with Ukraine being the home team I have no idea how that will go.
To bad Elmander is off but hope he will be available later on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back