Euro members: What really is the cost to ship headphones overseas?
Sep 6, 2008 at 12:46 PM Post #2 of 17
Not sure where the seller is sending it from, but here in the UK, sending a parcel to Oz with a maximum compensation of £150 is £35.00, more if you require higher compensation. Take a look here - http://www.parcelforce.com/portal/pw...catId=25900666 so in answer to your question, at current exchange rate, EUR39 sounds about right
frown.gif

Sep 6, 2008 at 2:04 PM Post #3 of 17
Normal mail is reasonable. Couriers (UPS, etc) have amazing fees here. I was quoted like 100 eruo for getting a coupla audioengine a2 from UK to my (European) home. Did you know we pay here 16-20% just in sales tax?. Welcome to paradise!.

Sep 6, 2008 at 2:51 PM Post #4 of 17
There is no VAT in Estonia for parcel's to be sent to Aussie's, but you are called down under for a reason. In Estonia Australia and New Zealand are the most expensive location's if we are talking about postal costs.

Sep 6, 2008 at 3:40 PM Post #5 of 17
Depending on where the shipper is sending from and what type of courier service he is using, 39 Euro is very possible.

Sep 6, 2008 at 11:00 PM Post #6 of 17
Up to 2kg EUR 22,95. From 2-5kg EUR 32,45 from Holland. But if you ship register air only, its cheaper, but not that much. Register only insured for EUR 45, but what I have mentioned up to EUR 150, only... To some regions isnt possible to ship register only if the package above 2kg and I think AU is one of them...

Sep 7, 2008 at 12:18 AM Post #7 of 17
Thanks everyone for the response. I decided to bite the bullet and pay the shipping fee. The seller is based in Germany and he said that he was posting it as registered, 2-5KG parcel. How a headphone package can even weigh beyond 2KG is beyond me.

I got a reasonable deal on the phone but the shipping fee definitely broke it.

Sep 7, 2008 at 1:12 AM Post #8 of 17
In germany, there is a "packet" rate (Päckchen) that is available if the seller can pack them lightly, and which shouldn't have cost more than about 10 euros to the US - dunno about australia. Technically this means it flys as a very big envelope. I forget the weight and size restrictions, but it's usually possible with dynamic headphones.

The most frustrating exchange of my life was when i was trying to explain that concept to an east-german holding onto a pair of HOK-80-2's. germans who grew up in the east didn't learn english in elementary school.

Sep 8, 2008 at 3:41 PM Post #9 of 17
Seems reasonable to me.
Its about what it did cost to ship out the SR-Lambda Pro's I sold a couple of months back.

Sep 10, 2008 at 10:02 AM Post #10 of 17
I bidded on the same headphone.
Before I did the first bid, I contacted the seller and asked him about the shippingcosts.
First time I asked this guy, he gave an outragious amount for shippingcosts. So I checked the website of Deutsche Post, saw that the shippingcosts could be 8,90 Euro (far less then he asked), told him that, and he agreed.
Shippingcosts are negotionable. And this headphone weight is less than 500 gram, so that means 12.90 Euro unregistered (18,25 USD) shippingcosts wordwide should've been reasonable.

Sep 10, 2008 at 10:38 AM Post #11 of 17
It costs 37 from Germany via insured and registered airmail, so 39 is ok. Any package under 5kg goes for that price.

As ericj said, he could have it sent via a different method, but in that case the package would not be insured or registered. The weight limit for that method is 2kg. When I was living in Germany, I usually sent stuff this way unless the buyer demanded insurance.

Sep 10, 2008 at 11:36 AM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It costs 37 from Germany via insured and registered airmail, so 39 is ok. Any package under 5kg goes for that price.

As ericj said, he could have it sent via a different method, but in that case the package would not be insured or registered. The weight limit for that method is 2kg. When I was living in Germany, I usually sent stuff this way unless the buyer demanded insurance.

Right. I always let them sent without insurance, and they always arrive.

Sep 10, 2008 at 6:37 PM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

And this headphone weight is less than 500 gram, so that means 12.90 Euro unregistered (18,25 USD) shippingcosts wordwide should've been reasonable.

Your logic is a bit flawed . They calculate package weight on the whole parcel not the headphones solely. I got parcel from Japan that weighed 1.2 kilograms. Headphones were around 500
grams the rest was original box + extra box and cushion.

Sep 10, 2008 at 6:52 PM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by argentum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your logic is a bit flawed . They calculate package weight on the whole parcel not the headphones solely. I got parcel from Japan that weighed 1.2 kilograms. Headphones were around 500
grams the rest was original box + extra box and cushion.

Maybe. But if I send a K400 or K401, the package with the headphone is still less than 500 gr. I'm not talking about shops.....
I this case my logic was flawed, because for German postal service the weight could be up to 2000 gr. without different shipping costs.
In my country, it does make a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back