Eufonika (Valve amps from Poland)
Aug 21, 2023 at 6:24 AM Post #1,036 of 1,390
Thank you so much for that input!! your Arya was a v2? not Stealth magnets?
I think is not simple like that :D seems the one with Stealth magnets version is the version who works really well with OTC (at least confirmed with Feliks echo mk2, and if I am not wrong it's a pure OTL anyway)

That sounds great to my pocket :D but maybe I am wrong but your version is a real hybrid, not powered from tubes and a SS on the last part... I thought that an OTC is using power tubes anyway and a transformer to allow low impedances....
Thanks for clarifying mate - so i was right to begin with. As I said, it's all Australian to me!!!!!! I know what I like but don't understand any of the technical side of things!
And yes - excellent price for this quality!

Aug 21, 2023 at 6:27 AM Post #1,037 of 1,390
I actually had two Ayras - v1 and then v2. I haven't had chance to try the Stealth. I'm seriously tempted to get an Arya Organic to use with my little hybrid tube amp (a Garage1217 Solstice).
I got it wrong - the Feliks echo mk2 is indeed an OTL, as is the Eufonika H5. As far as I know, the general consensus is that planar headphones aren't a good match for OTL amps, but there may be exceptions. In my case, the Arya did work with my H5, it just sounded thin and performed much better with my hybrid amp.
I tried Nutopias, LCD5, D8000 Pro Susvara 2 weeks ago in Melbourne and I thought none were mind blowingly better than my HEK Stealths. I also tried Arya Organics and was very impressed!!!! I thought detail was great, as was soundstage, instrument separation and were in no way to bright! I wasn't a huge fan of the Arya Stealths but really enjoyed these.

Aug 21, 2023 at 6:37 AM Post #1,038 of 1,390
LALALALA! I'm not listening and I can't hear you!

Aug 21, 2023 at 6:59 AM Post #1,039 of 1,390
Aug 21, 2023 at 8:16 AM Post #1,040 of 1,390
Could you use the pre-outs on an Eufonika OTL into a solid state amp and then run the Arya from there? Should impart some of that tube flavor without the need for an OTC amp. I haven’t tried this with low-impedance planars (currently don’t own any) But I’ve done this with IEMs and it works well.
Thank you, that's something that could do for sure, it's like a hybrid :D

As a mention, next week (due the holidays season) I will test a Feliks echo mk2 in a local store, even though I could take the amp to home and test it properly.

I will do that because this trip was started with these comments about the really good match between the echo2 and the Arya Stealth.... and to be honest, I really would like to use an H5 instead, less tubes to roll and I am attracted to the possibilities and how it looks....

Aug 21, 2023 at 3:12 PM Post #1,042 of 1,390
Can anyone see what the exact fuse in regards to exact specifications used in the H5/H5M amp?

I took mine out, but can't for the life of me make out what is printed on the metal casing.. I want to grab some backups, but not sure of the exact fuse that is used. I guess I could just make some educated guesses on what could be used in the event of a fault so that it does its just effectively, and protects things.

Aug 21, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #1,043 of 1,390
Can anyone see what the exact fuse in regards to exact specifications used in the H5/H5M amp?

I took mine out, but can't for the life of me make out what is printed on the metal casing.. I want to grab some backups, but not sure of the exact fuse that is used. I guess I could just make some educated guesses on what could be used in the event of a fault so that it does its just effectively, and protects things.
Just ask Wieslav.

Aug 22, 2023 at 2:44 PM Post #1,044 of 1,390
This combo is hard to beat in this amp.. a pair of 27s branded as 'Apollo' (unsure of the actual manufacturer) and TS 7236. I need a bigger desk, lol

1692729526804.png

Aug 25, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #1,045 of 1,390
Hi all,

Just purchased a H22M from another user that should be arriving on Friday - pretty new to the tube game! I believe they have the Miflex upgrade and stock tubes (6080 / 6SN7). Been trying to read all the comments and having a hard time finding many recommendations for this particular amp. I'm loking for cost effective suggestions that sound great, willing to get adapters if needed. Any help would be appreciated!! Thank you.

Also hoping this convinces me to just sell my Liquid Platinum coming tomorrow so I can consolidate LOL

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2023 at 12:58 PM Post #1,046 of 1,390
Hi all,

Just purchased a H22M from another user that should be arriving on Friday - pretty new to the tube game! I believe they have the Miflex upgrade and stock tubes (6080 / 6SN7). Been trying to read all the comments and having a hard time finding many recommendations for this particular amp. I'm loking for cost effective suggestions that sound great, willing to get adapters if needed. Any help would be appreciated!! Thank you
The first step is to get used to the amp and the stock sound. The Feliks Euforia has the same tube layout and uses the same tubes. You can look at the Euforia threads and you will get all the information you need (and more).

Aug 25, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #1,047 of 1,390
Hi all,

Just purchased a H22M from another user that should be arriving on Friday - pretty new to the tube game! I believe they have the Miflex upgrade and stock tubes (6080 / 6SN7). Been trying to read all the comments and having a hard time finding many recommendations for this particular amp. I'm loking for cost effective suggestions that sound great, willing to get adapters if needed. Any help would be appreciated!! Thank you.

Also hoping this convinces me to just sell my Liquid Platinum coming tomorrow so I can consolidate LOL
If the H22M is geared towards higher impedance headphones, you may want to keep LP for lower impedance headphones.

Aug 25, 2023 at 2:11 PM Post #1,049 of 1,390
The first step is to get used to the amp and the stock sound. The Feliks Euforia has the same tube layout and uses the same tubes. You can look at the Euforia threads and you will get all the information you need (and more).
I'll definitely stick with the stock tubes for now and see how I like it - took a look at those forums and there's definitely too many high rollers LOL. Thanks!

Aug 25, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #1,050 of 1,390
If the H22M is geared towards higher impedance headphones, you may want to keep LP for lower impedance headphones.
I've heard that there's more flexibility in low impedance headphones with the H22m (I have an LCD X 2021), so hoping that it works out ok haha. Another option is pre-amping to my A30 Pro just for some tube color

Users who are viewing this thread

Back