Etymotic ER4 B, S, P ?
Jul 31, 2010 at 2:13 PM Post #16 of 18

Quote:
Having heard all 3, IMHO the differences between them is very, very small. And for that reason you might as well get the ER4p which is most easy to drive and saves you the headache. You can always add in the s adapter in the future.

To me, the P was too bright, sibilant and harsh.  Couldn't listen to it more than a few songs.  Nothing like that w/ the S.  Less refined overall w/o the resistor.  I wonder how the B and P compare.

Aug 1, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #17 of 18

This is precisely why I want the cable so that I can try all possible combinations.  One person's "they all sound the same" is another person's "this one sounds 'x times' better than that one" and so forth.  I basically like to hear it all for myself and draw my own conclusions.  
regular_smile .gif

Quote:
To me, the P was too bright, sibilant and harsh.  Couldn't listen to it more than a few songs.  Nothing like that w/ the S.  Less refined overall w/o the resistor.  I wonder how the B and P compare.

Aug 1, 2010 at 1:40 AM Post #18 of 18
Assuming the cable actually gives you Ety P/S/B.  It shouldn't be hard but its no guarantee that the switch box accurately represents the versions accurately.  It would be nice to hear from someone that has heard the cable and is an Etyhead and Ety calls them.  So it says on my free hat.  
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back