Etymotic ER-4 vs Shure SE530 vs Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro
Jul 16, 2007 at 1:23 AM Post #16 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by jlingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah yes, Etymotic, it's a great IEM. I could live with either triple.fi or ER-4S. Either one is great for me. If you ever decide to get ER-4S, Please consider supermacro with bassboost. It really is a perfect match to ER-4.

I once had the ER-4P, and they were great for my Ipod, but now I have the ER-4S and they are amped and sound great. I do have to carry a portable amp to make them shine, (another excuse to get a toy I guess
tongue.gif
). But, I do like the E500 with my Ipod as well. They are both different sound signatures. It will just depend on which sound signature you like and of course your music.

Jul 16, 2007 at 2:00 AM Post #17 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by riceboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I once had the ER-4P, and they were great for my Ipod, but now I have the ER-4S and they are amped and sound great. I do have to carry a portable amp to make them shine, (another excuse to get a toy I guess
tongue.gif
). But, I do like the E500 with my Ipod as well. They are both different sound signatures. It will just depend on which sound signature you like and of course your music.

Not sure whether you know or not, but you can convert the ER-4P's to the S model by increasing the resistance in each channel with a convertor cable. Many people do this, P version for ampless usage, and S version for use with an amp.

Jul 16, 2007 at 2:18 AM Post #18 of 44
The Hornet fixes the rolled of treble on the E500s...its actually incredible the difference it makes. They are seriously great IEMs. Out of the three you mentioned, the Shures are BY FAR the most comfortable. Each has a different sound signature that really just depends on preference as to which one you like. The E500s are the equivalent to the HD650 sound to me...both are warm with a slight emphasis on bass.

I've had experience with SF5Ps and ER20s...with the way they fit, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Shure over Ety and UE based on comfort alone. The only one I would consider having a comparable comfort would be Westones.

Jul 16, 2007 at 4:17 AM Post #19 of 44
The Shure's, Ety's and the Triple.fi's are all excellent headphones. Out of the ones ive heard and own(the triple.fi and the Ety ER4-S), the triple.fi's do sound better and believe or not, are slightly more detailed aswell(Im still a HUGE fan of Etymotic though
etysmile.gif
). I use my IEM's with my Emmeline SR-71(great amp). The Ety's lack the refinement of the Triple.fi and probably the E500 aswell. From what Iv'e read, I think the E500s sound best straight out of an Ipod. When amped, its probably a toss up between the Shure's and the TF10s. IMO the triple.fi improve bigtime with an amp. (Id like to see Etymotic step it up and come out with a Multi-Driver earphone
biggrin.gif
)

May 24, 2008 at 4:54 AM Post #20 of 44
out of these, the er4p has a very neutral sound, but just doesn't give you that little bit of oomph for earphones. The shure se530 are SPECTACULAR Fabulous AMAZING and on and on on mids. Highs are crystal clear, but does have a bit of a roll off, and the bass is very powerful, strong, and deep. But at the same time very natural. The Triple fi 10's are extremely well on the Highs' the mids are a bit dissapointing, and the Bass is REALLY REALLY WELL put out, it may not be as natural as the bass on the se530, but it gives you taht heart throbbing feel. I would also recommend the Westone Um2, they are absolutely fabulous, i would say they are even better than the triple fi 10's on the bass and mid factors, but the highs it is a bit inferior to the triple fi's. But the Westone one is much superior to the shure's and triple fi to comfort.

conclusion? i would go with the Shure se530, or the Westone Um2. The triple fi's may be very well made, but they are just too ugly and big compared to the other two.

May 24, 2008 at 8:10 AM Post #21 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
out of these, the er4p has a very neutral sound, but just doesn't give you that little bit of oomph for earphones. The shure se530 are SPECTACULAR Fabulous AMAZING and on and on on mids. Highs are crystal clear, but does have a bit of a roll off, and the bass is very powerful, strong, and deep. But at the same time very natural. The Triple fi 10's are extremely well on the Highs' the mids are a bit dissapointing, and the Bass is REALLY REALLY WELL put out, it may not be as natural as the bass on the se530, but it gives you taht heart throbbing feel. I would also recommend the Westone Um2, they are absolutely fabulous, i would say they are even better than the triple fi 10's on the bass and mid factors, but the highs it is a bit inferior to the triple fi's. But the Westone one is much superior to the shure's and triple fi to comfort.

conclusion? i would go with the Shure se530, or the Westone Um2. The triple fi's may be very well made, but they are just too ugly and big compared to the other two.

I was expecting that conclusion, given how you were writing very vaguely with broad, sweeping statements; have you ever heard a real instrument live before? Orrrr are looks the only thing that matter in the end?

May 24, 2008 at 2:40 PM Post #22 of 44
I regret having the SE530 after listening to my friend's Er4P although I enjoy much with my TripleFi10 still I need ER4P for my Jazz musics!

May 25, 2008 at 12:36 AM Post #23 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by basman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I regret having the SE530 after listening to my friend's Er4P although I enjoy much with my TripleFi10 still I need ER4P for my Jazz musics!

Yep, I heartily agree - get both! Having the pleasure of choosing whether to
listen to music with Triple.Fi or ER-4P you will be a very happy IEM bunny indeed
smily_headphones1.gif

May 25, 2008 at 3:26 AM Post #25 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by GSurge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of these three, which would be better for rock or hip-hop? In your opinion, of course.

I'l tell you right now that ER4P/S will definately not cut it.

With the triple.fi 10 Pro, the bass is there, but not like the "ooh yeah, I feel that!" feeling.
wink.gif

May 25, 2008 at 3:46 AM Post #26 of 44
Well, that makes it easier then, haha. Which of the remaining two would run better out of a cell phone (possibly an iPhone)?

Jun 11, 2008 at 1:37 PM Post #28 of 44
I listen to Alternative Rock, Jazz and Hip-Hop...
Which means :
- I don't need much of a bass impact
- I want good soundstage
- I want it to be comfty
- I want a balanced sound/I can EQ

Which headphones would be the best?

Jun 11, 2008 at 1:42 PM Post #29 of 44
You mean - of the OP's choices of IEMs?

If it's a general question -it may be better to do a new thread - more responses...

Edit\ if it's between ETY, Shure & Triple Fi, given your list I'd say look at ER-4P or Triple Fi. I think you would find SE530 a bass monster, but they do respond to EQ, apparently (I've only heard them flat). Triple Fi have a wider SS than Ety, but Ety are pretty damn cool with jazz & deep, lean bass...perhaps not so hot with hiphop. Triple Fi then
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 11, 2008 at 1:45 PM Post #30 of 44
No i mean from those three IEMs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back