Etymotic Customer Service.......very impressive!
Jul 23, 2003 at 7:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

troublemaker

100+ Head-Fier
I would just like to share this with you, as i belive good service these days should be recognised!

I actually bought my ety's from ebay (i never knew the company existed until i saw them on there when i was looking for some earphones!) and was unaware that they were not coming from an authorised dealer.

Obviously i was concerned about the warranty and service aspects, and so emailed ety to ask where i stood, and to confirm that ebay sellers were unauthorised as i had read on this forum.

Over the course of a couple of emails a very nice lady from etymotic confirmed that as above they were not bought through the correct supply chain, however the factory would uphold its warranty on the items and that even though i should initially contact my supplier, if i had no joy i was invited to contact the factory directly.

It wasnt only what was said, but the fact the mails were sent swiftly and professionally and i wansnt mate to feel for one moment like i was causing a nuisance.

It is so refreshing, not only to find a company that has turned on its head my understanding of headphone listening, but that i feel they are there with me "every step of the way".

10/10.
600smile.gif
600smile.gif
600smile.gif

Jul 24, 2003 at 1:30 AM Post #2 of 16
Yup, that's ER for you. Their customer support is second to none!
k1000smile.gif

Jul 24, 2003 at 2:54 AM Post #3 of 16
I believe I spoke to the same woman, a couple of times. Very nice answering my questions. And Don Wilson from Etymotic is a member here
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 25, 2003 at 3:47 PM Post #4 of 16
etymotic is second to none in service and support.

every time you call them you get to talk to someone who is responsive and caring. All the folks there seem to like working for etymotic, I know I would.

I recently broke the right ear tip extracting a foam tip. Even tho my etys are out of warranty they are replacing both tranducers and returning them free shipping.
Im getting essentially a brand new set.

Jul 26, 2003 at 2:45 AM Post #5 of 16
just got my repaired er4s today. They not only replaced both drivers to insure matched response but included a bag of foam tips which I use.

This is definitely going beyond what anyone could expect of any company.

Sep 12, 2003 at 7:46 AM Post #9 of 16
Same with me bro, I purchased m ER-4P's from ebay, and I never knew about ety either until I saw them on ebay. Anyway my dog broke my right ear phone, so I emailed etymotic with the same picture and told them what happen. I didn't mention where I purchased them because I figured it didn't matter. They said it would be $80.00 to repair and 5 bucks for shipping, so I sent them away and etymotic called me back a week after I sent my earphones and they told me they replaced the broken right side and replaced the left one too because they said it had a small crack on the monitor and that crack was normal wear. And they replaced that one for free. $80.00 for free, wow. I was stunned and speechless, I thanked them and they said my ear molds were excellent and they wanted to know where I purchased them.

They are a really great company to deal with and I will continue to shop from them when ever I need spare parts and repairs and maybe for a new set if they make a better set in the future.

site1026.jpg

Sep 12, 2003 at 2:58 PM Post #11 of 16
Anakin,

Where DID you get your earmolds? Got mine here in NY at Scientific Plastics; a good solution to a seal/comfort problem I was having. You're happy with yours (I gather). Just curious.

Sep 12, 2003 at 4:36 PM Post #12 of 16
I also had a great experience with Charlene from Etymotic. I wanted to try the smaller foamies they sell on ety's site but didn't know if they would be to small. I emailed them to say how much I loved my er4p's and that I wish they had a couple of the small ones along with the normal ones in the package so a person would know which replacement ones to order. Charlene got back immeadiately and said she was sending me a couple of the small foamies so I would be able to determine which ones were best for me.... free of charge with ups shipping! I was highly immpressed! She also said that I had a valid point on the ety's coming with both sizes when you buy them and that she was going to forward my email to marketing. I was so glad she sent them to me because the small ones were way to small and I would have spent 20 bucks on something that I could never use. Great to know a company gives after sale customer service of that caliber.

Sep 12, 2003 at 4:47 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by Anakin
Anyway my dog broke my right ear phone, so I emailed etymotic with the same picture and told them what happen.

Dog ears are shaped differently from human ears. I don't think your custom ear moulds would work well for your dog.
wink.gif

Sep 16, 2003 at 8:32 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by Del Griffith
Also....... Anakin, how are your custom earmolds working for you? I have thought about getting them. If you haven't already I would love to see a review so to speak of the custom earmolds with your ety's. I've heard both bad and good. Thanks..

What I love about the ear molds are the fact that they feel so comfortable, the silicone ones hurt my ears, they create some kind of suction, that really hurts my hears. The gray foams ones are ok, just not as convient as the molds. The molds go in an out very quickly.

There doesn't seem to be any sound quality lost, I've switched from silicone to molds and it sounds about the same.

I purchased my molds from a Westone partner here in dallas. They costed me about $85.00, not a bad price for the quality, and considering they will last me forever. Plus they give you the mold impressions incase you ever ruin your molds or lose them, just send in the impressions and a new pair can be made. Plus you can send those impressions anywhere, not just to the place that you purchased them from, meaning if I happen to move to New York I could take them to a ear mold place and they could make me some new molds. It took one week for the molds to be done, I went in and the audiologist mixed up some powered with some water and it thickened up to a sort of wax substance, then she pressed it inside my ears. Took about 10 minutes. Then a week later they called me to pick up the molds. Real easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back