Etymotic/ACS Custom Fit Program Update
Dec 9, 2010 at 3:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ETYHeadRick

Member of the Trade: Etymotic
Etymotic Research, Inc. officially launched our Custom Fit Program into North America in July 2010.  As of December 1st, we are pleased to announce the establishment of the new 100% ACS owned otoplastics laboratory in Garden City Park, New York.  This facility will replace the temporary arrangement ACS had with a third party manufacturer in Canada. 

What does this mean for customers?  It means a more efficient, customer-service oriented program.  Procedures are now established for improved communication and order tracking.  We look forward to decreasing order turnaround time and the continued growth of the provider network in the US and Canada. 

For additional details about the Custom Fit Program, please visit our website at http://www.etymotic.com/customfit/index.html.

Dec 13, 2010 at 3:55 PM Post #2 of 9
Can someone be part of this program if there is no approved audiologist within a realistic driving distance? My zip code is 99208 and there is no provider listed for 100 miles! Is there any kind of reimbursement/discount for those that need to go to a different audiologist?

I'm also curious about the customs. Do they insert as deeply as the triflanges? And does the same custom work on both the HF5 and the ER4p?

Thanks!

Dec 14, 2010 at 10:08 PM Post #4 of 9
I second the "what do I do if there is not an audiologist on your list within 100 miles?" question.

Dec 14, 2010 at 10:29 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:
I second the "what do I do if there is not an audiologist on your list within 100 miles?" question.

contact info for ety is in this thread - they may be able to help. for instance, audiologists travel to conferences and events, and perhaps you also sometimes travel (not for the impressions only, but for whatever else). I did drive a couple hours to meet the audiologist of my choice because of very high recommendations, but managed to combine it with other business.

Dec 18, 2010 at 9:59 AM Post #6 of 9
In response to not having an audiologist in your area:  feel free to email me your contact information (r_carlson@etymotic.com).  I can enlist the help of ACS in finding an audiologist who will accept the voucher.  Sometimes it takes a week or so, but we've had success in quite a few cases. 

Hope this helps!

Dec 29, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #7 of 9
I also had impressions made last week, while visting LA. Where I live there are no ACS audiologists within a reasonable distance, so I just did it the first time I was in a city where there was one nearby. Smooth and easy - just required a little patience.

Jan 27, 2011 at 12:52 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:
Great info, I need new moldings. Can I cast myself? I did that on my last pair.

not saying you cannot, ragtop: but fwiw my audiologist, the day she made my impressions for the ACS tips, met with a trusted colleague so they could make some for each other. best that way, I suppose. mine came out great, btw - they arrived yesterday and I'm impressed with the look&feel as well as the packaging: all in all well worth it for the comfort & isolation you get on your favorite etys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back