ETYMŌTIC IEM Owners Headcount - Are you one?
Mar 24, 2007 at 11:14 PM Post #346 of 1,007
4S and 6i. The 4S are for listening in bad and the 6i are for the gym and travel.

Mar 26, 2007 at 11:39 PM Post #348 of 1,007
Just ordered white er6is, will i be happy?
Was it a good choice over the sr60, considering i bought them because i thought isolation could save my hearing? I still might buy sr60s later on...

Mar 27, 2007 at 9:56 AM Post #349 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by ywd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just ordered white er6is, will i be happy?
Was it a good choice over the sr60, considering i bought them because i thought isolation could save my hearing? I still might buy sr60s later on...

I can't say whether you'll be happy, since the SR60 and er6i sound vastly different, even antonymically so. It's a question of your taste and what sort of sound you prefer. If you crave stratospheric highs, the er-4s will be more to your liking.

Also: IEMs can damage hearing as easily as other kinds of headphones -- perhaps even more so if abused, due to their proximity to the eardrum. I tend not to overuse my Shure e4c for that reason.

However, in my experience, er6is are particularly non-fatiguing. If highs and volume are held in check, they prove quite safe; what's more, the level of detail helps you to forgo the highs a bit, which can be imperative during travel and periods of extended listening. That advantage, and their ability to double as isolating earplugs, are the two reasons I take my er6i on every trip on which I embark. Even if I don't use them on a train to listen to music, I still need them to lower the volume ceiling of engine noise, solipsistic teens, shrieking tots and sundry sonic nuisances.

Mar 27, 2007 at 6:11 PM Post #351 of 1,007
ER-6i white
ER-4P black
and 4P-4S cable

Mar 27, 2007 at 6:49 PM Post #352 of 1,007
I used to have ER-4S, but now I only have ER6i white which do the job.
Now I listen to DT770 ~
basshead.gif

Mar 27, 2007 at 7:15 PM Post #353 of 1,007
I have a pair of ER-4S and although the music was great coming from them, I always felt uncomfortable with being locked out of the sonic scape around me. I'm just a slave to the phone, the dog barking, and anything important around me. What was that again, dear? I can't hear what you're saying! What? Anyway, on a recent plane trip I found the ultimate use for them and they were just heavenly. Small plane, lots of noise, heard none of it. Not even the screaming kid that kept kicking my seat from behind. Needed the Hornet to show its best though.

lambda.gif

Apr 9, 2007 at 2:14 AM Post #357 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oi! any new updates?
etysmile.gif

You can take me off the list, i returned my er6is.
frown.gif

I really liked the sound, was clearly more detailed than my ksc75s, but my ears firmly rejected all the tips. I thin my right ear canal is shaped differently than my left
eek.gif

I went ahead and ordered some sr60s because of how much i like the koss, i guess i will use my bose IEs and my philips 9501s when i need any isolation. Shouldn't be much of a problem as i only fly like twice a year i prefer the stereo on car rides.

Apr 9, 2007 at 2:49 AM Post #358 of 1,007
ER-4P (Classic Red/Blue) (P>S Adapter)

My first headphone purchase after coming to this site. Still the ones I use most by far.

Apr 9, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #359 of 1,007
ER 4S here

loving em

Users who are viewing this thread

Back