Ety fit/comfort and seal durability with flanges?
Jan 26, 2014 at 10:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

GirgleMirt

500+ Head-Fier
I've bought some Etys HF5s a while ago now, and have tried both flange tips.  I think neither might be perfect for me... The smaller tip feel like they're pressing on the inside of my ear, like the inside of my ear is of a  curved shape;  ' ) ' , and since the tips are straight, well, when they're inserted deeply, it's like the tip of the flange or maybe it's the hard plastic of the IEMs themselves, are pressing on the side of the inside of my ears...  Not ultra comfortable.

The bigger tips don't have that problem, they do seal well, but, they seem to lose their seal after a while, and it seems that every few minutes, they get out slightly my ears and need to be re-inserted.  It's probably because they're a bit too big, and while they don't actually fall out, well, they lose their perfect seal...

So I'm stuck between something pressing on the inside of my ear and a lost seal...  I've tried the foamies, and I think they were ok, but I think they're not as good as the flanges?  Anyhow, I don't know, I've not listened to them a crazy amount yet, I guess both flanges are not so bad, but they're definitely not great in terms of comfort / reliable seal...   Like having to press them in every 5 minutes, or them feeling somewhat pressing somewhere they shouldn't be pressing on the inside of your ear isn't...  Hmm...  Ideal.  :\

Jan 27, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #2 of 2
tri-flange I could have said, as some call them..  :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back