ety er-6 vs shure e2
Dec 7, 2003 at 7:35 PM Post #16 of 21
Ouch. That's all I can say. After 30 minutes my ears feel like they're gonna burst. I guess canal phones aren't for me.

*enters "closed workout/exercise" in search bar*

Dec 10, 2003 at 10:59 PM Post #17 of 21
i just got my ety er-6s in today! so far they sound awesome. im still working on getting the all important magical seal. im having some problems with my left ear [apparently my ears are very different from eachother]. so far though everything is suprisingly clear and the sound isolation is incredible. my roomate was yelling at me and i couldnt hear him =D

after i get the whole seal thing down and i let them break in ill be sure to post all my thoughts compared to my speakers [klipsch pro-media v2-400] and my headphones [sony mdr-cd580].

Dec 11, 2003 at 3:37 AM Post #18 of 21
Sweet bro. My e2's are packaged up and will be heading back home tomorrow. I loved their sound
evil_smiley.gif
, but the pain was just too much. I'll probably settle for some senn mx500's or px 200's.
cool.gif

Dec 11, 2003 at 3:48 AM Post #19 of 21
you know when i first stuck these suckers into my ears they did hurt quite a bit. more like skin irritation and i figure its i dont usually put things in my ear. but ive been listening to them all day and now they dont hurt at all. i guess ill see over the next couple days how it goes.

so far these things sound amazing. ive been going through my whole music collection. mids are incredibly warm and powerful, highs are crispt and clear, and there is a suprising amount of bass response. the lack of rumble gives them a totally different feeling but its not so bad. its just a trade off for the mobility.

Dec 11, 2003 at 4:52 AM Post #20 of 21
I use these at the gym w a sony MD as a source. For comparison's sake, I have HD-600s and a Microzotl at home.
The isolation is incredible using the silcon flanged buds, but my left ear hurt quite a bit. The foamies are much more comfortable and the isolation is more than adequate. You sacrifice some bass in return for comfort. I listen to mostly acoustic and vocal music w/some older R&R. Think Lyle Lovett, Eva Cassady, Cowboy Junkies, Alison Kraus, Eric Clapton, Neil Young. The sound is really quite enjoyable. I make my own mixes using a CAL CL-10, and the 4X setting on the MDR. Its not going to win any awards, but its not fatiguing or unpleasant in any way. Clear, no distortion, nice mid-range and acceptable bass (better w/the flanged plugs but I have narrow ear canals so too painful. No microphonics at all w/the ER-6 cord and relatively easy to insert, even w/foamies. Highly recommended for walking around use. Using the silicon plugs, I WOULD NOT recommend them for mobile use as the isolation is very impressive and you could easily get hurt. Would be awesome on a plane, if not for the equalization issue. Anyone have any experience with the silcon plugs on a plane?

Dec 11, 2003 at 5:22 AM Post #21 of 21
I think it comes down to personal opinion. To me the shure's sound better than the E6's and with my mod they even beat out the E4's..

search for E2c EX Mod
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back