ety er-6 impressions
Dec 17, 2003 at 3:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

aroon

100+ Head-Fier
this is straight from my website so forgive the lack of technicality.

remember my research for a good mp3 player? yes you do. at the bottom of that post i talked a little about headphones. i got my headphones [or rather, earphones] in about a week ago. my initial reaction was skeptical but good. the overall quality was pretty amazing but i didnt know if it was really worth 100 dollars. well breaking them in really made a huge difference. bass response is incredible (on par with my sony mdr-cd580s) and the highs are absolutely crystal clear (outperforms my klipsch v2-400s any day of the week). mids are nice and warm, just where they should be. the system as a whole is perfectly balanced. stronger bass would be nice but you really cant expect that from such tiny little earphones [these things actually fit insdie your ear like earplugs]. the best thing about them is the isolation. the tips are designed to create a seal in your earcanal blocking at least 25db of external noise with a good seal. when i have them in i cant hear my self typing, snapping my fingers, clapping my hands or farhan [my roomate] shouting at me. its amazing. with isolation comes immense audio detail. i havnt experienced it myself but people say they can hear the orchestra turn the pages on their sheet music in classic peices. ive discovered all kinds of things in my music that i never heard before. in one cowboy bebop song i can hear the man take his lips on and off his harmonica. outstanding.

may be one day ill do an in depth review but i dont think ive had enough exposure to write one thats worth much.

Dec 17, 2003 at 4:29 AM Post #3 of 3
i dont have a firm number but i pretty much just let it play for 3 days non stop. i was listening to them so often that i didnt get a sudden difference kind of experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back