Ety ER-4: too ugly to wear?
Nov 19, 2003 at 5:13 AM Post #62 of 65
I really don't think they'd sell more Etys if they looked better. The demographic that uses looks as the major determining factor behind their headphone purchase isn't going to shell out $330 for headphones. That's why all the $15 headphones look "cool" (or try to) - and I bet that $13 of that $15 went into design costs, and only $2 went into the actual sound components.

I don't think the Etys are really that ugly- but they're definately hip hoppin either. As with many others, I kind of like the fact that they don't look as much as they cost- since nobody will be inclined to steal them.

Here's some food for thought: If YOU saw a passerby wearing Etys (or any other headphone you find visually objectionable, good sound quality or bad) and thought they looked ugly- would you make fun of them? Not knowing who they were or what their personality is like, but making assumptions and judgements about that person based solely on what kind of headphones they are wearing? If your answer is yes then maybe you have some more important issues to devote your grey matter to than which headphones you should purchase.

I would hope that we all are more mature than that.

Ruahrc

Nov 19, 2003 at 5:34 AM Post #63 of 65
Well said, my dear fellow, well said.

And as for the request for photographs in action, I must decline, for it would not be all that exciting. As I said, with long hair, the Ety's are naught but two black wires barely glimpsed beneath a jacket.

Ah, but as for the orchestra in my head, now that is another thing entirely!

Nov 19, 2003 at 4:51 PM Post #64 of 65
Well I do find it odd when people are walking around the city wearing big dj headphones, mostly sonys. It just draws a lot of attention. I always think that their trying to get good sound on the go when they could be wearing etys. I also find it odd that a lot of these people have hats on and wear the headphones over the hats.

Nov 19, 2003 at 5:43 PM Post #65 of 65
Well there is that whole issue of possibly getting run over by a vehicle cuz you can't hear them.
eek.gif

Ety's are a little too good at blocking out external sounds.
smily_headphones1.gif

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back