ERS Paper - picture and video thread
Feb 16, 2007 at 1:34 AM Post #136 of 376
Dude.... I think the only thing left now is to wrap each individual component in paper...

Feb 16, 2007 at 1:37 AM Post #137 of 376
Patrick, while I totally respect that you enjoy tweaking to the next level, and the ERS paper helps you do that, I think if you spend that kind of money on paper, you should spend a large amount of time cutting and precisely placing the material, using as little tape as possible (and as efficiently as possible), or finding some alternative fastener, (like some liquid adhesive).

Use an X-acto knife, a pencil and a ruler to precisely measure and cut templates for some like a lidless box that you can slip over a capacitor or what not. When you make folds, score the paper with the dull side of the x-acto knife using a ruler as a straightedge to get a nice clean fold.

If you spend $1000 dollars on paper, I think you should spend some real time installing it properly, that way, you can show off your system with pride, otherwise, it looks like you took a bunch of construction paper and stuffed it in your equipment and wrapped it in cellophane tape. If you love it so much, show it some respect.

Thats my 134 cents.

Feb 16, 2007 at 2:47 AM Post #139 of 376
Clearly, we are not worthy... <bows>

Feb 16, 2007 at 8:58 AM Post #142 of 376
Quote:

Originally Posted by Filburt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How much did that cost? PartsConnexion lists the non-adhesive stuff at $70/4, so it looks like you could have spent well over $1000.

My 2nd batch was $1100. Less than Valhalla power cord and more for the money!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is that special ERS tape you use?... also why is there a pencil taped to the desk?... what happens if you remove it?

I use scotch tape.

I use the pencil so I know how high the table is.

Feb 17, 2007 at 12:43 PM Post #143 of 376
wow.

wow.

but, maybe, you should add mu-metal shielding also for magnetic shielding ?
also, what about using a Fluorinert bath to cool your computer and possibly some of your audio gear? should help for even more shielding.

as you can see, you can always go more extreme
evil_smiley.gif

you should create a "fishtank" made of mu-metal -or take a real fishtank and cover it with mu-metal- , drop all the motherboards (no hard drive, no psu !!!) of all your electronic components inside and pour Fluorinert over all that; then cover the tank with ERS paper. It would prolly have been cheaper than buying all those ers-paper sheets. and better.

if you want more "crazzy" ideas just ask
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 17, 2007 at 2:52 PM Post #144 of 376
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenleaf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow.

wow.

but, maybe, you should add mu-metal shielding also for magnetic shielding ?
also, what about using a Fluorinert bath to cool your computer and possibly some of your audio gear? should help for even more shielding.

as you can see, you can always go more extreme
evil_smiley.gif

you should create a "fishtank" made of mu-metal -or take a real fishtank and cover it with mu-metal- , drop all the motherboards (no hard drive, no psu !!!) of all your electronic components inside and pour Fluorinert over all that; then cover the tank with ERS paper. It would prolly have been cheaper than buying all those ers-paper sheets. and better.

if you want more "crazzy" ideas just ask
evil_smiley.gif

Probably would have looked way cooler too.

Feb 17, 2007 at 9:17 PM Post #145 of 376
I have tweaked my system with ERS Paper for a couple days now. I realized I don't have enough paper to wrap my computer too.

I also need to cover the apartment wiring, I only did the wiring I saw in my room. I don't have enough for it all.
frown.gif

After a couple weeks of owning the Premier Power Plant I opened it up and ruined the warranty. I couldn't help myself. She was laying on her back on my bed with the screws bulging out, she was teasing me and I just had to open her up. I was just going to look a little inside but one thing led to another and you know what happened. I went to the max.

Feb 17, 2007 at 9:31 PM Post #146 of 376
You are definitely a candidate for an aluminum foil hat. It might not help the sound, but, how will you know without trying? I honestly don't think I could spend what you have on power chords and fancy paper. But if it makes you happy that is all that matters. Cheers.

Feb 17, 2007 at 11:56 PM Post #148 of 376
Something weird happened. I turned on my projector and was surprised of the super sharp text. It never looked like that before. It didn't make sense. The only explanation I had was that the computer which was plugged into Premier Power Plant was sending out a better signal when the Premier was wrapped in more ERS Paper.
But after an hour when I got up I noticed I had temporarily put 20 sheets of ERS on top of the projector!
eek.gif

With my first batch I tried a couple sheets and didn't see a difference, I even tried Brilliant Pebbles on top of the projector and still no difference. But now with 20 sheets I see a difference!

I also have 4 sheets at the side of the projector, between Ultimate Outlet. I added the Ultimate Outlet a week ago and didn't see a difference, text seemed to get a little blurrier as well. I was expecting sharper text but didn't get any. Maybe the Ultimate Outlet was interfering with the projector, and the 4 sheets that are between them fixed the problem.

Whatever the reason is, it happened after I got the ERS Paper.

Edit: I didn't put the ERS near the projector expecting to see a difference, I just didn't have anywhere else to put them when they arrived. My room is very small.

Feb 18, 2007 at 1:55 PM Post #149 of 376
I have double wrapped the Valhallas. I also put extra at the ends. 3-5 layers there.

Here is AES/EBU cable:

I also started wrapping the headphone cable. I only did half of it, it was too fatiguing. After 3 days and 30+ hours of ERS Papering my back is messed up, I need to rest it until I can finish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back