Equal or better iems than the ADDIEM at around $50?
Dec 11, 2009 at 11:55 PM Post #16 of 19
IMHO the ne-7ms are better than the addiems. The ne7ms actually have some decent bass unlike the addiems. Some may disagree with me but I'm sticking with my point. I actually upgraded from addiems -> ne-7ms -> atrio m5 -> awaiting ie8s.

Dec 12, 2009 at 12:06 AM Post #17 of 19
If you like your ADDIEMs, and they aren't defective, why not go for a pair of Hybrid tips? $10 will add a little more bass/isolation/comfort, and if you don't like them return them to Best Buy.

I stopped looking for a <60$ replacement for my ADDIEMs after buying the tips.

Dec 12, 2009 at 1:56 AM Post #18 of 19
Heh, I read that post of yours in that other thread ipoodz. I'll definitely look into it, maybe even tomorrow. Are they more comfortable than the stock tips too? I switched to large from medium, and I don't notice too big a difference aside from the pain in my ears. Medium and small are comfortable enough, I can forget they're there without too much trouble, but even more comfort + increased functionality for $10 sounds great. And you can return it so easily? I haven't delt with a B&M in a while (online ftw) but last time I checked, most have a pretty serious "no returns on opened merchandise" policy unless something is defective.

ceekay, I don't know, I can't find any decent comparisons of them, bass yeah, I see your point, but the ADDIEM supposedly does well in other areas like providing a clean sound and making it easier to separate instruments and all that.

Why do you think they're better all around and not just in the bass area? Maybe it's just personal preference. I like the sound to be clean, so I can hear all the details and separate them, I value that, it makes the listening more enjoyable for me.

But again, these are my first iems ever, and my only ones, I can't compare them to anything.

And this is mostly out of curiosity. I don't even use them 100% of the time, and never professionally or anything, so I'm not dying to get the best of the best, I just want to learn more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back