EP630 vs K324P
Feb 5, 2009 at 3:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Captain ?degard

Member of the Trade
Did a little searching but didnt find anything really conclusive. I have the EP630 now and I like the sound signature, it's just lackign overall. I dont listen much to music and so I don't want that expensive an update, and I'm also rather sensitive to IEMs so I want something with this design (cx series, ep630, k324, metro.fi etc) that I know my ears can handle.

Has anyone tried both these? Some say its the same driver but thats a bit peculiar considering the price difference. The k324p is on sale here atm for close to decent price 8vs normally way overpriced) and I've lost interest in buying stuff overseas due to the customs people in this hellhole, so if theres a decent upgrade in SQ in these they're very tempting.

Feb 8, 2009 at 5:15 PM Post #3 of 4
I own a pair of AKG 324P and I used to compared them with EP630. I think 324P still better in many aspects - treble are not too harsh, less sibilant, mids are bit more foward, and to my ears 324p's bass are still bloat but less than the EP630.

IMO, if you want something better and not too expensive, you should go with Nuforce NE-7M. But for the topic, K324P is ok.

Oct 7, 2009 at 11:44 AM Post #4 of 4
Been using the EP630 for 5 yrs. Never tried the CX300s. EP630s are a very reliable workhorse, that from time to time surprises me with its clarity and soundstage on some tracks. Not bad for $10 off ebay. Also, EP630s are almost nuclear bomb proof.

Got the k324s today (bought for cycling, $11 off ebay). I am currently listening in my 1st hr out of the box and had to write this as I was sooo impressed with the sound.

Fit - the best fit i have every had, also the lightest (great for sport). Can wear for several hours without fatigue. But all three models will feel the same I guess.

Bass - tight and controlled, but still very deep, even after only 1hr listening. Completely different to EP630 which is very deep and muddy. I cant wait to put 100hrs on these k324s (EP630s took about 100hrs to mature). I much prefer tight and controlled to deep and muddy. Having said that, the k324s still give that chest thumping wallop on deep tracks. Basshounds may have to look elsewhere though.

Mids - fantastic, almost perfect

Highs- a little too harsh for my liking. May soften up over time. Hopefully.

Soundstage - so much better than EP630 out of the box. Not as good as Klipsch Custom 3s but these are up there with the best.

To answer the question, in my limited experience, the k324s are way better than the EP630s even fresh out of the box compared to 5 yr old EP630s. They may all be made in the same factory, but the machine under the bonnet is completely different. I am so impressed and am going to buy another 2 pairs as a backup. I don't think IEMs can get better than this in the near or even distant future (especially for $11).

BTW - I also own Klipsch Custom 3, Shure PTH530s. Custom 3 are my favourite because of fit and sound character (could use a little more bass though).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back