Energy C-5 Connoisseur Series speakers
Mar 10, 2011 at 10:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Sonic Atrocity

500+ Head-Fier
So my brother has a couple Energy C-5 speakers. I have been wanting to set them up. I know nothing about speaker systems but instead just know about headphones (and even my knowledge in that is amateur considering I have not even been here a year). I am assuming they will need an amp. Would a receiver made for a home theatre system work? I am hoping to set it up through my computer and then setup his (my brother) computer for it too. 

I can update what kind of receiver I have but cannot right now because I am sitting in Union Station in Toronto. I am really excited to set these speakers up and I want to do the best job possible, taking into consideration the dimensions of the room and all other factors that can affect the sound. Anyone have suggestions as to where I can look to do some research or any input that would be helpful? Thanks for taking the time to read my thread and I appreciate any positive/constructive feedback I receive! :) 

Mar 11, 2011 at 8:55 AM Post #4 of 5
I would't say it's not appropriate, and one occasionally sees speaker threads, however it is called head-fi because it is a headphone oriented forum. There is much more discussion about speakers over at AVSforum and you will probably get many more knowledgeable eyeballs on your question than you will here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back