Endgame (?) Portable Rig
Jul 8, 2013 at 5:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

TokenGesture

Previously known as avl06
Hi All

So I have finally arrived at a home rig I am pretty much happy with - Beyer T1, Violectric V200 and Metrum Octave.  The combo gives me detail and musicality, no harsh digital highs, deep but articulate bass.

But now - how to replicate this portably?  Or as near as I can?  

Commuting I use the iphone 4, 256 kbit files, and spotify (320 kbit). I also have ipod classic loaded with AIFF files but I keep leaving it at home!  

At work I use spotify out of a dell laptop, through my old iBasso D10 Cobra.  I have the Momentums which are ok, a bit uncomfortable (no way does anyone fit their ears in those surely :wink: ) and which get boomy in the bass with amplification.  I've taken to bringing in the Ultrasone Sig Pros to work (had to bring a bigger bag,, and not gonna be wearing them on the tube).  Finally, the good old Senn IE8 which is my longest standing bit of kit, a bit bassy I find now compared to my home rig.

My thoughts have been going off in so may directions I'm unsure how to proceed - do I upgrade my iems (to what?), go for Beyer 1350 (as I like the T1), upgrade the amp/dac - I'm confused.

Any recommendations or tips as to how to go about putting together a next level prtable rig - for commuting and/or office work - gratefully received!

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:05 AM Post #2 of 6
I guess if you want more than the average portable setup, you should go for ciem's. Alternatively there are big 'phones as the ultrasone sig pro, which are durable enough for portable use; I guess.

EDIT: Lol, you already have the sig pro's

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:18 AM Post #3 of 6
Hello!

How about the UE900? Those are my favorite! Or maybe the SRH-846 
size]

Billson :D

Jul 9, 2013 at 3:07 AM Post #4 of 6
I guess if you want more than the average portable setup, you should go for ciem's. Alternatively there are big 'phones as the ultrasone sig pro, which are durable enough for portable use; I guess.

EDIT: Lol, you already have the sig pro's

Yeah I bought them for my home when I share it with my wife. But I'm working away from home much more. I do like the Sig Pros. Maybe I need to focus on getting them up to the next level.

But don't fancy them on the tube too much :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back