Enclosure printing/marking q....
Sep 14, 2004 at 1:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

skyskraper

Headphoneus Supremus
ok so i see heaps of wicked enclosures many people have done around the traps and yes ive googled without much success... so i wanted to ask.... how do you do it? i mean to get say POWER, HEADPHONE, INPUT 1, etc on the case, do you silkscreen? or is there an easier do at home method? im thinking about getting black on to silver and a light colour on to black. both would be aluminium, anodized....

should i just resign myself to printing out the front panel on to sticky paper and using that?

something like this:
wsmodulesincabinet.jpg

Sep 14, 2004 at 1:40 PM Post #4 of 12
cool cheers for the link to russell

re: FPE: im in .au so it starts to get pricey shipping itl, and i wanted to get the words on to a nice hammond extruded case
wink.gif

Sep 14, 2004 at 2:01 PM Post #5 of 12
ahhh a fellow Aussie. Sucks being down here so far away from the world, but we're pretty close to china.

Anyway Wiltronics sells hammond enclosures down here. No idea about pannels though.

Sep 14, 2004 at 2:26 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyskraper
cool cheers for the link to russell

re: FPE: im in .au so it starts to get pricey shipping itl, and i wanted to get the words on to a nice hammond extruded case
wink.gif

I don't know a less expensive way to do it, but using FrontPanelExpress you can copy the dimensions from the Hammond drawings ( e.g., http://www.hammondmfg.com/pdf/1455J1201.pdf ) for the "Panel" component into FPE's design applet, calculate corner radii, hole diameters and countersink dimensions (or design for alternate fasteners), and end up with a custom panel that fits right into Hammond's bezel.

Sep 14, 2004 at 3:05 PM Post #7 of 12
ahh cool
smily_headphones1.gif

how much do fpe panels start at?

edit: nm i actually looked on the site
wink.gif

Sep 14, 2004 at 5:09 PM Post #8 of 12
can i get these transfers at model stores?

anyone have a lead on them down under?

Sep 15, 2004 at 4:26 AM Post #10 of 12
cool thanks. will check em out
smily_headphones1.gif

have you had much luck with them yourself? any tips on applying them?

Sep 15, 2004 at 4:41 AM Post #11 of 12
How good does the dry transfer look and how durable is it?

Sep 15, 2004 at 7:30 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ooheadsoo
How good does the dry transfer look and how durable is it?

Dry transfer lettering can look really good if you're good at applying it. As for durability, it will scratch off easily unless you spray the panel with a clearcoat to seal it.

-Ti

Users who are viewing this thread

Back