enclosure help (neutrik locking/cmoy)
Sep 9, 2004 at 4:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

skyskraper

Headphoneus Supremus
ok so i just got some ultrasone dj1's and i wanted to add a cmoy to them for dj'ing. well the problem i have is that i cain my equipment. stuff gets destroyed at a phenomenol rate when you have large bar cards. i want to build a cmoy that i can stick in my pocket and forget about. i was looking at the hammond extruded enclosures. but the only ones that really fit the neutrik locking sockets are rather large!!! so i was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a small but tough (ala hammond extruded) enclosure that would fit a cmoy, a pair of 9v's, and two neutrik locking sockets. not too long or wide but with enough height to fit two neutriks on one end.....

Sep 9, 2004 at 5:16 PM Post #2 of 7
What if you mounted the jacks on the top or sides instead of on the end panels? It will probably look rather funky, but might work.

Or have you looked at the die-cast alum. boxes, you could put the jacks on the side. Those are really funky looking boxes, but jacks on the side wouldn't look as obviously "wrong" as they might on the extruded box.

Sep 10, 2004 at 3:12 AM Post #3 of 7
the problem is i want to have something to put in my pocket so the side solution would either not fit or lead to broken jacks
rolleyes.gif
maybe i have to resiogn myself to using non locking sockets???

Sep 10, 2004 at 9:26 AM Post #4 of 7
If the device is mostly going to be in your pocket, I don't think you'll really miss the locking feature of the big Neutrik. The main advantages are plug security and a better mechanical connection, both of which will be pretty decent in that situation anyway.

Sep 11, 2004 at 9:35 AM Post #5 of 7
*sigh* i guess you're right. but the neutriks are just so cool both to look at and use
580smile.gif
not to mention ive found a price 35% lower then normal on them in oz. i guess i was just looking for an excuse to use them
wink.gif

Sep 11, 2004 at 1:58 PM Post #6 of 7
In that case, I believe the best option is to build two amps.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 11, 2004 at 5:16 PM Post #7 of 7
hehehe i was planning on doing that anyway. got a third 2227 to use. so three amps it may be
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back