Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Nov 21, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #16,816 of 40,730
I am auditioning the nemesis now. Contrary to other reviews it has plenty of bass- deep and detailed , more so than Phantom. It has the tick midrange very similar to the Phamtom and has nice treble . Goes high but not harsh or sibilant. Soundstage may be the weak point - it is wide but not as tall or deep as the title. But a very nice listen
Would you say that it has sub-bass extension over the Phantom? How about the bass impact?

Nov 21, 2018 at 9:32 PM Post #16,817 of 40,730
How do y'all deal with the wait for your next EE iem? I'm incredibly excited for my first custom experience with the Spartan IV and have no idea what to expect honestly, considering the difference in isolation and not having to worry about tips anymore.

Thanks goodness for my Polaris from Campfire that's tiding me over, and for the 5 week wait which is nothing compared to the amount of time I've waited for some stuff.

Nov 21, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #16,818 of 40,730
@Devon Higgins
Does Empire not ship to the great white north (ie Canada)?

The site offers a Canadian price but Canada is nowhere to be found.

Nov 21, 2018 at 10:24 PM Post #16,819 of 40,730
How do y'all deal with the wait for your next EE iem? I'm incredibly excited for my first custom experience with the Spartan IV and have no idea what to expect honestly, considering the difference in isolation and not having to worry about tips anymore.

Thanks goodness for my Polaris from Campfire that's tiding me over, and for the 5 week wait which is nothing compared to the amount of time I've waited for some stuff.

Same here. I don’t really like UIEM with tips changing with the Angie II. So I decided to go with CIEM Spartans IV and CIEM Phantoms on order. Spartans perform excellently with a better DAP or source like my DX208TI via EA 8wires. :smile_phones:

Nov 21, 2018 at 10:33 PM Post #16,820 of 40,730
@Devon Higgins
Does Empire not ship to the great white north (ie Canada)?

The site offers a Canadian price but Canada is nowhere to be found.

@Devon Higgins will get that sorted for you!

Same here. I don’t really like UIEM with tips changing with the Angie II. So I decided to go with CIEM Spartans IV and CIEM Phantoms on order. Spartans perform excellently with a better DAP or source like my DX208TI via EA 8wires. :smile_phones:

Super excited! CIEM was the big investment first, DAP and source upgrades come next :)

Nov 22, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #16,822 of 40,730
How do y'all deal with the wait for your next EE iem?

Guessing a LOT of patience. I just ordered the Zeus XR with the "watchworks" which adds another 2 weeks to production. On top of that, I can't get in for ear impressions for another 2 weeks!! Looking like Feb before I can shove 'em in my ears.

sigh...

tenor.gif

Nov 22, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #16,824 of 40,730

I use my other iems and pair them with a few daps. Multiple combinations to keep one absorbed. I started with universal iems and now I've an equal distribution of my iems between custom shelled & universal. My universals - Campfire Audio Comet & Atlas and Empire Audio Legend X. My customs - 64Audio A18, Custom Art Harmony 8.2 & AAW A3H Ver2 (or some weird name like that for the AAW)

The customs are what I'm using more and more for it comfort.

But this Legend X is quite unique. The bass has very good quality and when people say that it is like listening to speakers, it's not an exaggeration. And the bass doesn't overshadow the other frequencies. Thinking if I should sell the universal and have a custom version during this thanksgiving sale. Then I don't need to worry about ear tips and good fit. The moment the fit is not good, the sound totally changes.

Nov 22, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #16,825 of 40,730

Good luck with the fit. I'd love to go custom, but it just hasn't worked out for me (and I've tried). There comes a point where you have to resign yourself to that and "make do" with universals :) :p In a funny sort of way it has saved me some cash as there's no point trying any further :)

Nov 22, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #16,826 of 40,730
Best of success with the BF sales EE! >:-]]

The only iem I want is the Legend X and I already own one :p But if I was filthy rich, I'd definately get another in full hulk swirl... maybe for next year's BF haha

Nov 23, 2018 at 1:00 AM Post #16,828 of 40,730
Hey folks the canadian audiophile trucker is back!
After such long journey I am still awaiting my phantoms sadly it takes quiet longer then expected and hope they will be fine this time. I'l receive them tomorrow this friday. Unfortunately my first fit did not work for me and had to resend them for a complete reshell! This time fingers crossed so it fits just right... It will be 3 months now since day 1 when I ordered my phantoms, imagine I had time to sell my desktop setup got an ibasso then sold that one and now I got sony wm1z and also got the tia forte . It is sadly a very long wait I do love the phantoms I find them very unique and lovely they suit my sound sig perfectly. With all the beautiful custom arts and design they comes in is just a pure jewelry, cant wait to have them. I also got the ares 2 8 wire waiting to pair up with phantom this cable is just magic, its way better then 4 wires I honestly recommend it highly it bring the phantom to a whole new level. Phantom is a iem that can provide a lot, so better the source you feed on it better you get in exchange as a back result!

So yea this was my short story and tomorrow I feel like its gona be a very special day and hope for the best with my custom fits. It been so long that I forgot how good these babys sound, PLease make it right this time pls pls...

Ps, I know I was talking a lot about lpgt lol but baught 1z instead, I couldnt resist I had a fantastic deal on 1z and tia forte from a friend, the deal was so good that its equivalent to 5 black fridays deals lmao and few christmas probably too :ksc75smile::beyersmile:
I have to say 1z has a slight hiss but its super minimal, with tia forte I dont hear it but se846 do catch it, hope phantom wont throw it at my face lol or you guys know what will hapend get your gpses ready to hunt down that 1z in the great northe of canadians roads hahaha.

Peace and love enjoy ya musics folks :beerchug:

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2018 at 2:30 AM Post #16,829 of 40,730
Hi all,

I have a big problem with a pair of Phantom universal Iems bought here from a reputable member. A big crack appear on the right shell without any shock. The iem have not fallen down or anything like that. I have not seen that before and have sold this pair to a member in the UK. When I check the photos on my offer with a loop I see this crack now. Some friend have had the same issue with EE earphone: Davidmolliere on a pair of customs phantom, Wayne Shelton on Arthur, and some members have reported here the same problems.

What may I do to fix this issue. Thanks a lot for your helps.

A3909855-34D3-4FE0-AF64-4CE91DCBD217.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2018 at 2:33 AM Post #16,830 of 40,730
Hi all,

I have a big problem with a pair of Phantom universal Iems bought here from a reputable member. A big crack appear on the right shell without any shock. The iem have not fallen down or anything like that. I have not seen that before and have sold this pair to a member in the UK. When I check the photos on my offer with a loop I see this crack now. Some friend have had the same issue with EE earphone: Davidmolliere on a pair of customs phantom, Wayne Shelton on Arthur, and some members have reported here the same problems.

What may I do to fix this issue. Thanks a lot for your helps.

Those issues were previously caused by shells that weren't cured for long enough. I'm sure @Devon Higgins will get you sorted out ASAP. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back