Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Feb 17, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #1,262 of 40,675
Shotgun Shane if you ever wanna chill and audition lemme know I have a few models from the larger companies and jack mentioned you were pretty cool too.

That sounds like fun. We should meet up sometime.

I had a westone w40 as well. I did not realize how veiled it was to my ears until I recently got a Noble 4 a BAM!! Talk about clarity!! Very similar sound signatures (N4 vs W40), but the nobel just lifted a veil off the W40 sound for me that I did not know was there. I am definitely off the westone train now, though I did find their cables to be silent and comfy compare to the noble.

Very true. However if you have some emotionally charged male vocals, the Westone house sound can really engaging and intimate.

Feb 17, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #1,264 of 40,675
I guess I will be seeing you soon?

Yes, but I'll be leaving my wallet at home. 
biggrin.gif

Folks it looks like we won't be personally be attending Singapore CanJam but our wonderful partners at Music Sanctuary will be representing us and they'll have the entire Olympus Series available to audition! @Kozato

It's a shame that you guys won't be able to attend, but Calvin and his friends from Music Sanctuary are definitely more than capable of fronting the Empire Ears brand. In fact, I don't think they will have to do much - they'll just let the earphones speak (or sing) for themselves. 
wink.gif

Feb 17, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #1,266 of 40,675
My experience with Westone is on the last generation of models but measurements show Westone is keeping the same general house sound of mid bass boost and a massive scoop out in upper mids and lower treble. This gives it the veiled and warm analog sound Westone is known for. Athena is exponentially more clear and transparent versus the Westone models I've heard (w3, w4, um3x, um2). Athena's bass will be tighter and better textured as well.

Yes. Treble is better in all areas. You will notice everything you wanted your pro50's to be will be found with Athena.

How are they at low volume? I am trying real hard to lower my usual listening volumes.

Feb 17, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #1,268 of 40,675

Yes, but I'll be leaving my wallet at home. 
biggrin.gif

It's a shame that you guys won't be able to attend, but Calvin and his friends from Music Sanctuary are definitely more than capable of fronting the Empire Ears brand. In fact, I don't think they will have to do much - they'll just let the earphones speak (or sing) for themselves. 
wink.gif

Indeed! Empire has really taken off and we didn't expect NAMM to be such a huge success! It's left us with very little preparation time for CanJam SG so we've entrusted it to Music Sanctuary this year. Also be sure to stop by and see @Kozato as we're participating in the Scavenger Hunt!!

Feb 17, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #1,273 of 40,675
We sell hearing aids too.......

LOLZ!!!

I used to work with a woman who said her husband was mostly dead from working in a machine shop. He came to visit one day and sure enough, he seemed pretty deaf to whatever she was shouting at him. When she left the room, I waited until the guy had his head turned away from me and asked him a question in a normal voice. He answered without hesitation.
:wink_face:

Feb 18, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #1,274 of 40,675

We sell hearing aids too.......

jack, do you guys do custom ear plugs as well?  just like an acrylic plug without any protection features?  i didn't see it on the site.  i may or may not be getting into target shooting (thanks westchester, ny for making the application process so painful) and would be interested in a pair if available.  the isolation on my -Rs are superb and the -28db reduction currently listed for customs is more than high enough for pistol shooting.

Feb 18, 2016 at 2:44 AM Post #1,275 of 40,675

jack, do you guys do custom ear plugs as well?  just like an acrylic plug without any protection features?  i didn't see it on the site.  i may or may not be getting into target shooting (thanks westchester, ny for making the application process so painful) and would be interested in a pair if available.  the isolation on my -Rs are superb and the -28db reduction currently listed for customs is more than high enough for pistol shooting.

I feel like that type of ear plug are traditionally made from silicon rather than from acrylic. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back