Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jan 25, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #1,126 of 40,664
Thats something really neat ive noticed being at NAMM. Lot of audiophiles want to be an audience or feel like theyrr listening to speakers. On the other hand, stage musicians want to be in the action. you can imagine how difficult it is to create a product that pleases both sides lol

I agree with that. That's why musicians generally prefer a warmer sound in order to compensate for not listening to actual amps, etc. 

Jan 25, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #1,127 of 40,664
Just pulled the trigger on the Cowon Plenue D from advancedmp3players.uk I ought to get it a within a week. It's a pure gambit for me on this one. If it has a low noise floor enough for the Zeus (between Fiio X5ii and Onkyo DP-X1 should be ok), I'll keep it as main and part with the Sony and Onkyo. It's a bet on ultra portability and battery I'm making. :xf_eek:

Jan 25, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #1,128 of 40,664
hey jack, have you given any thoughts about doing straight up moulded ear plugs for hearing protection?

Jan 25, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #1,129 of 40,664
Going to test out the lineup at Canjam Singapore next month. Hope to meet the team as well.

Jan 25, 2016 at 10:56 PM Post #1,131 of 40,664
Jan 26, 2016 at 1:29 AM Post #1,132 of 40,664
Just pulled the trigger on the Cowon Plenue D from advancedmp3players.uk I ought to get it a within a week. It's a pure gambit for me on this one. If it has a low noise floor enough for the Zeus (between Fiio X5ii and Onkyo DP-X1 should be ok), I'll keep it as main and part with the Sony and Onkyo. It's a bet on ultra portability and battery I'm making.
redface.gif

I highly doubt it since the official specs show a higher output impedance than X5ii at least. Don't understand why you pulled the Plenue D since you have DP-X1 already. 
confused.gif
 Just swap out the BTG cable if the connector thing that you mentioned is bothering you.

I can see where you coming from, but SE846 is not sensitive at all (with capacitors, resistors, and dampers) as compared to Zeus without these crazy stuff to alter frequencies.

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #1,135 of 40,664
So true! The soundstage just seems natural ,not too airy Nor too congested. Plus the mids always sounds so mesmerising and intimate. Instrumental focus and positioning is just breathtaking. ☺️☺️

Yes, bro. It's that huge, deep soundstage, that precise imaging, that definitive instrument separation. INCREDIBLE.

Enjoying your Zeus, eh? 
biggrin.gif

Jan 26, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #1,136 of 40,664

Yes, bro. It's that huge, deep soundstage, that precise imaging, that definitive instrument separation. INCREDIBLE.

Enjoying your Zeus, eh? 
biggrin.gif

Damn, son. Does the Zeus set the standard for soundstage and imaging?

Jan 26, 2016 at 9:13 PM Post #1,138 of 40,664
For me Zeus and the AR6 set the standard. Both are different in those presentations but the Zeus is more wow! noticeable in depth, layering and imaging front to back.

Thanks Shane, I think the next IEM I'm looking for is an endgame for stage/imaging. Zeus I can count on all the testimonies here. AR6... I'll learn more in the thread. Heard it's something special too. By any chance have you heard the SE5 Ult/Ref or the Adel A12?

Jan 26, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #1,139 of 40,664
I haven't heard the SE5 or A12. I have heard the U10. The Adele loaded iem seem to produce its sonic image a bit differently. It's lighter feeling and airy throughout. Things aren't dense like with many multi-BA's. While there's a feeling of open spaciousness, it's not a pinpoint, exacting kind of image. At least that's how I've interpreted it over a couple of days.

Jan 27, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #1,140 of 40,664

Damn, son. Does the Zeus set the standard for soundstage and imaging?

In terms of a 3-dimensional soundstage size, the Zeus is one of the best on the market. It has few peers, though. Of all the IEMs that I have tried, only the Layla and the SE5-Way Ultimate are similarly expansive. The A12 is also a close contender.

However, when it comes to imaging and instrument separation, the Zeus stands alone. This is one of its most remarkable and impressive qualities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back