EML 5U4G Mesh Plate VS. NOS Tubes VS. Sophia Princess 274B Mesh Plate WA22
Mar 22, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #181 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAudioDude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ahh, my 5U4G mesh has a silver top! I'm still very happy with it though.
beerchug.gif

Seamaster, are you a hobbit?
icon10.gif

I don't think there are day and night difference between new and old version, unless listen side by side.

yeah, i was in "lord of ring", did you see me running around?

Mar 23, 2010 at 1:21 AM Post #182 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think there are day and night difference between new and old version, unless listen side by side.

yeah, i was in "lord of ring", did you see me running around?

I didn't know you have both the new and old EML 5U4G.

I kept my old version until I got the new version and did a direct comparison using my WA6SE and HD-800s.

As I said the new 5U4G Mesh seems to be a cross between the old version and the 274B solid plate. The differences are that the new 5U4G mesh seems to take the best parts of the 274B solid plate and the old 5U4G mesh and combine them. Not to say its a day night difference but if you have a choice go with the new EML 5U4G mesh.

ss

Apr 13, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #183 of 184
i got totally lost reading thru this thread, i dun have any knowledge about the tube and i got totally confused with so many types.....

but in the end what i am eager to know is that

power tube:GF8G

driver tube:6FG7/6FQ7

Rectifier: EML 5u4g mesh plate

so basically seamaster was saying the above was a good combo for WA22?

Jun 1, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #184 of 184
Is this thread still alive?

I had several Sophia Princess 274B fail in quick order in my WA-22.  The stock SG did not fail over an extended time so I can infer there is no fault with the WA-22.  Maybe a bad batch of 274B's as they were all manufactured in 2/14.  Sophia Electric has kindly honored their warranty (one tube a week pass 30 days) and is replacing.  Both Jack Woo and Sophia have stood behind their products.  Woo was willing to process exchange (both tubes purchased from Jack directly) but Sue of Sophia stepped up and will exchange directly.  This is GREAT customer service!

I purchased an EML 5U4G for comparison and so far no issues.  I'm still evaluating SQ with no comment at present till I get some hours on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back