Elysian Annihilator 2023
May 2, 2024 at 12:03 PM Post #781 of 805
With the Liquid Links Martini stock cable, I just point the longer side of the 4.4mm connector to the right.

1000012637.jpg
We're using the same setup to the tee haha.

Actually, I recently swapped out AMP11 in favor of AMP12W, but still very similar

I think we have similar tastes! Considering you picked up my Caldera too :)

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
May 2, 2024 at 12:12 PM Post #782 of 805
We're using the same setup to the tee haha.

Actually, I recently swapped out AMP11 in favor of AMP12W, but still very similar

I think we have similar tastes! Considering you picked up my Caldera too :)

Yes buddy,

I'm currently waiting for my modded AMP12 back from NPAudio, using a AMP11MK2s EXN3 at the moment which came with this DX320 Edition X.

Thank you again for your fine Caldera!

May 2, 2024 at 1:15 PM Post #783 of 805
I've been in the Vienna today in a very cool shop. Owner was very kind to let me test plethora of his amps/dacs/players, it was awesome. Sharing some quick still fresh impressions.

I've tested some of the mid range options aswell and compared them with Mojo2 on Annihilator 23. I think Questyle in general matches very nicely to my ears. I didnt like the iBasso or Ifi at all. IBasso DC Elite that people mentioned as a good match was quite the disapointment for me. Quirky with weird volume steps and issues once you move them. Sound nothing special, if thats how dx320 tonality is, I wouldn't consider it an awesome pairing. I didnt exactly like the A&K PA10 either, I've tried connecting Mojo2 to it and although it got some additional power, I felt it wasnt any better then just Mojo2 alone, if anything it felt it loosened some crisp and detail and made it more 'smooth', not exactly what I was looking for, and whenever I was unplugging and just going back to Mojo itself, I heard better vocals, better resolution eventhough with less punch. Mojo2 feels like top of the gang in this class range, very good match tbh.

I also like CMA18p a lot, it was a very cool device, vocals were very much spot on for what I wish to hear. Instantly I heard the bigger and wider soundstage compare to Mojo. The punch is also bigger then on Mojo2, which is very obvious on the drums. There are three major shortcoming for me, which is the bass felt a bit worse then on Mojo2, less of it and more 'polite', no battery bypass mode and no direct amp connection. Other then that the cma18p is very very good match. I feel it brings out the vocals a bit more on Anni and makes them a little more romantic and leas dry. I can only imagine the cma18 master is probably one of the very best matches for this IEMs, if you only need desktop and forget about portability.

Last edited:
May 4, 2024 at 2:15 PM Post #784 of 805
I got Elysian Annihilator 2023 used locally for very good price, will be using with Sony WM1Z. Is this Anni under powered from WM1Z, should I look for different dap?

May 4, 2024 at 3:06 PM Post #785 of 805
I got Elysian Annihilator 2023 used locally for very good price, will be using with Sony WM1Z. Is this Anni under powered from WM1Z, should I look for different dap?
Give it a try and hear what you think.

I loved it with the WM1Z M2 , so I assume it’ll be just as great with the original.

May 4, 2024 at 3:08 PM Post #786 of 805

That one has really low power output something like 125mW? Anni gets punch on higher power, so you might wanna look at something more powerful.

May 4, 2024 at 3:43 PM Post #787 of 805
That one has really low power output something like 125mW? Anni gets punch on higher power, so you might wanna look at something more powerful.

It has 250mw from balanced output, not sure if that is enough. I have Hugo2 as well, will try both and check.

May 4, 2024 at 3:45 PM Post #788 of 805
Give it a try and hear what you think.

I loved it with the WM1Z M2 , so I assume it’ll be just as great with the original.

I am liking with WM1Z as well, tomorrow I will try with WA33 EE JPS carefully on low vol and check if that sounds better.

May 4, 2024 at 6:57 PM Post #790 of 805
I have a question about the Pentaconn Ear connector, is it the same as IPX and does the ConX support Pentaconn Ear? I'm a bit confused about what the "ear" connector is that is listed in the ConX supported lists.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-05-04-18-58-26-74_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-05-04-18-58-26-74_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 0
May 4, 2024 at 7:04 PM Post #791 of 805
I have a question about the Pentaconn Ear connector, is it the same as IPX and does the ConX support Pentaconn Ear? I'm a bit confused about what the "ear" connector is that is listed in the ConX supported lists.
ConX does support Pentaconn Ear. IPX is a different connector type. You'll want the "Ear Connector"

1714863810686.png

It shows as Pentaconn Ear Connector when you select from the drop down menu:

1714863877713.png

May 4, 2024 at 8:33 PM Post #792 of 805
I made the mistake of getting my Fusion 1 cable with the standard Con X set (2-pin and mmcx) for my Annihilator, so I had order the Pentaconn connector directly from Effect Audio and it FINALLY arrived today! lol Rookie mistake. Oops.

It kept being delayed from EA directly (not their fault, severe weather conditions)…

Alas, I’m finally able to ejoy the Fusion 1 with the Anni.

May 4, 2024 at 8:56 PM Post #793 of 805
I made the mistake of getting my Fusion 1 cable with the standard Con X set (2-pin and mmcx) for my Annihilator, so I had order the Pentaconn connector directly from Effect Audio and it FINALLY arrived today! lol Rookie mistake. Oops.

It kept being delayed from EA directly (not their fault, severe weather conditions)…

Alas, I’m finally able to ejoy the Fusion 1 with the Anni.
How to do you find the Fusion 1 pairs with Anni compared to the Liquid Links stock cable?

May 4, 2024 at 9:29 PM Post #794 of 805
How to do you find the Fusion 1 pairs with Anni compared to the Liquid Links stock cable?

It’s early still, since I’ve not got too much time with it yet. Initial impressions are very, very good. So far the mids and the bass seem a bit more full sounding. Midbass hits harder, too. The sound top to bottom seems to have more control and grip. Sound stage also appears larger with a bit more depth separation — more holographic, overall.

This is just from initial impressions, still need to put more time on them! :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back