Elysian Annihilator 2023
Apr 11, 2024 at 8:44 PM Post #691 of 775
Yes i am sure the anni scales. But i don't want a dap, i only need an amp. So does anyone use the anni withvsomething other than a dap or dongle?

I hear good things about the xduoo xd05 pro, but that’s a beast of equipment also.

I suppose the additional question to ask is, what’s your budget?

If you’re wanting another great amp, the Enleum HPA-23RM is a fantastic “portable” amp.

Apr 11, 2024 at 9:47 PM Post #692 of 775
Posted this shot in the Watercooler thread, but figured I’d throw it in the Anni-specific thread, too. :ksc75smile:

IMG_2540.jpeg

Apr 12, 2024 at 9:36 AM Post #693 of 775
I hear good things about the xduoo xd05 pro, but that’s a beast of equipment also.

If you’re wanting another great amp, the Enleum HPA-23RM is a fantastic “portable” amp.

This device flies a little under the radar on head-fi while It’s actually great! I love it especially for the Annihilator because It’s very neutral out of the box (without possible modifications) and I think this is ideal for Anni. I don’t like the PB5 tube amp with Anni, for example. It turns the whole presentation into a mess for me. But each to their own, of course.

Apr 12, 2024 at 9:39 AM Post #694 of 775

Since i don't need portability or streaming, i think up to 1.5k but less is good🤣

Apr 12, 2024 at 10:59 AM Post #695 of 775
I would seriously try first using a multi BA (among others) IEM on the Enleum HPA-23RM before considering buying it for this sole purpose since its current output seriously messes things up with dynamic drivers and their non-linear impedance. What about using the voltage output? Well, I don't see the point in buying such an amp if that's only to use its voltage output.

But this amp really does marvel with planar headphones. If there is an IEM out there that reacts just as nicely to it, that should be heaven.

Apr 12, 2024 at 7:42 PM Post #696 of 775
Elysian Annihilator 2023 is truly impressive. It's good that you found the right headphones for your taste, and the Campfire Marshmallow Tips did the job. It's great that you got excellent sound quality from a variety of sources. It's great when a product exceeds expectations!

Apr 13, 2024 at 4:59 PM Post #698 of 775
Apr 17, 2024 at 9:43 AM Post #699 of 775
Has anyone tried playing with EQ on the Anni 23?

Apr 20, 2024 at 1:33 AM Post #700 of 775
Wrote a review on the Elysian Annihilator here.

Very fun to listen to and especially with more energetic modern productions, would look towards purchasing one in the future (or their new TOTL IEM).

IMG_6199.jpg

Apr 20, 2024 at 1:39 AM Post #702 of 775
Recessed mids? For me, it has the most forward mids among the TOTLs I've ever heard 🤷🏻‍♂️
Well, the main point of comparison I had with it was Multiverse Mentor which is a really rich, mid foward IEM.

I feel that the mids gets lost in the sauce of the wonderfully forward treble and punchy bass.

Apr 20, 2024 at 1:44 AM Post #703 of 775
Well, the main point of comparison I had with it was Multiverse Mentor which is a really rich, mid foward IEM.

I feel that the mids gets lost in the sauce of the wonderfully forward treble and punchy bass.
I also have Mentor and I find Anni more mids forwards. A problem I had with Anni (I sold it) was the resolution. What you wrote about Mentor in comparison "really rich" was "resolution" for me. Anni was plastic here, not textured or grainy enough in comparison, if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2024 at 4:05 AM Post #704 of 775
I also have Mentor and I find Anni more mids forwards. A problem I had with Anni (I sold it) was the resolution. What you wrote about Mentor in comparison "really rich" was "resolution" for me. Anni was plastic here, not textured or grainy enough in comparison, if you know what I mean.

Today is two-years birthday of my Anni ('21 revision) and i am sure she will spent many time in my ears, since it is really perfect for my tastes and my library.
Regarding @grumpy213 review and the mids, i can say that for an year and a half i had the combo P6pro (the black one, not vocal centric like the grey) + anni, and to be honest, i never liked very much the pairing. Yes very fluid and musical, but too smooth and yes mids recessed and not so resolving (microdynamics and so on..)
For that reason i had always used an external amp in my chain: first the C9 (better but not perfect) and then the Aroma Stack (A100TB + PSPRO).
I must say that with the latter, with its ability to change the OPAMP in both input and output section, i found a great pairing and a great sound correcting all the things that i didnt like direct from p6pro.
I must say that, Anni likes a great quality amp section to really shine, or, let's say, the '21 likes for sure.
Fast forward to last december where for a series of events i had to sold my p6pro, and i found a really good deal on a cayin n8ii ROHM dap.
Well the n8II with anni it is a wonderful thing, expecially in tube mode and class A, no P+. Everything it is in the correct place, mids are not more recessed (but no hyper-forward), bass is really present and textured and not more dry. Resolution, staging, everything is a match made in heaven for my ears and my library (i don't stream, all my music on a 1TB microsd card)
Needless to say i parted also with the Aroma stack and with the tons of OPAMP i had.

My 2 cents, and as usual, IMO and YMMV and so on.

Apr 20, 2024 at 4:31 AM Post #705 of 775
In my opinion, the sound of anni23 is very dependent on the nozzles and their location.If there is a minimum distance between the spout and the nozzle, then the problem of recessed midrange disappears, the bass becomes denser and the stage is wider than it is deep.I've tried a bunch of attachments and at the moment I've settled on spinfit omni, with them I think anni23 has the most balanced sound
7D27A558-60AC-42DA-8F1D-259615A423FB.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back