ELT525M
Jan 26, 2009 at 3:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ChroniCali

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey,

Anyone have experience with these speakers? I saw good reviews, but was wondering how these would fair with Swan M200MKII, Swan D1080MKII, Swan M10, Acculine A1, AudioEngine A2.

Been looking to get new speakers for a while, I would be pairing them with that Gizmo DAC and a Asus Xonar DX card. I will probably get an extra sub sooner or later.

I listen to all types of music, I was just wondering if these were better than the ones I listed, since they cost a little bit more. I was really about to bite on the M200MKII, A1, or A2, but then I saw these and was very interested at its beauty as well as its good reviews when it is being compared with higher end audio.

Just need a little reassurance from people who have these or have heard these.

Thanks a lot,
-Alvin

Jan 26, 2009 at 3:54 AM Post #2 of 5
I have rockets and have had a modified pair of X-LS bookshelves. So long as you get the speakers and not a waiting list you are golden. There really isn't a contest in terms of SQ for the money. I swear on all that I know that this is the case. Av123 has it's issues with supply and demand but damn do they make nice speakers.

btw all of the above mentioned speakers will require a sub for ht or gaming use.

Jan 26, 2009 at 4:30 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChroniCali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey,

Anyone have experience with these speakers? I saw good reviews, but was wondering how these would fair with Swan M200MKII, Swan D1080MKII, Swan M10, Acculine A1, AudioEngine A2.

Thanks a lot,
-Alvin

I bought a pair of the elt 525 monitors in August and absolutely LOVE them!!! I use them as mains in a 2 channel set up. For Christmas I got a HSU stf-2 sub to go with them and the result is sonic bliss!!

The monitors have a very smooth sound signature. The soundstage is amazing!

I can't compare them to any of the other speakers you listed. All I can tell you is that I'm thankful every day that I bought them. They are awesome speakers!

As with most all monitors....these reach new heights when paired with a nice sub.

Go for them!!!!! You will not regret it!

Roger

Jan 26, 2009 at 4:49 AM Post #4 of 5
Kind of bitter about the $53 shipping.
frown.gif

Guess I'm just a poor college student.

Jan 26, 2009 at 2:55 PM Post #5 of 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back