Eletech Cables Official Impressions & Discussions Thread
Apr 4, 2024 at 6:37 AM Post #5,491 of 5,571
Apr 4, 2024 at 8:39 AM Post #5,492 of 5,571
It's probably just a thin oxygen barrier. But more importantly, what are you planning to do that will squeeze the lifeblood out of your cables? :open_mouth: :smile:

Apr 4, 2024 at 8:58 AM Post #5,493 of 5,571
It's probably just a thin oxygen barrier. But more importantly, what are you planning to do that will squeeze the lifeblood out of your cables? :open_mouth: :smile:
I have a four year old who tried to put my IEM's in her ear just yesterday. She has very good taste in audio gear. Who knows what she will do to the cables. Just the possibility of a drop of oil in the bird has me wince. I'm very fond of them.

Another recent cable arrival at Musicteck advertised dual layer silk wrapped gold silver oil. So had my curiosity piqued. Rather fascinated by the mysticism that goes into cable manufacture. I've read Eletech systematically log changes in development. I'd love to see a landmark paper on cable tech but imagine there is much proprietary intellectual property.

Whilst I readily notice cable and even IC changes (they're fun to do blind to what the cable is or cost) I've generally lived with the stock cables of my IEM's. That said I've taken a shine to Eletech recently and have already have two cables and the new Calvary case to come in.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2024 at 1:25 PM Post #5,494 of 5,571
Perhaps. Will see if we have the capacity this year as well as if there are any interesting leather that comes by
@Eric Chong , PMed; also would like to ask you about upcoming novelties - will Euclid and Aristotle (AWG?) completely replace in quality the outgoing Plato and Socrates?

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2024 at 3:08 AM Post #5,495 of 5,571
Just the possibility of a drop of oil in the bird has me wince. I'm very fond of them.

I was totally kidding! :smile: But yeah, I understand.

Apr 6, 2024 at 1:52 PM Post #5,496 of 5,571
The Baroque eartips have become my favourite. They remind me of how the Plato cable sounded the first time but in reverse. Coming from the Corier which have, to my ears, an increase in resolution over previous tips, the Baroque seemed to smooth out the top end and I wondered if that was what I wanted but as I got more used to them I don’t sense a loss of resolution but bringing more musical and organic sound to the treble in comparison. The opposite comment about the Plato was how I was shocked at how smooth a silver cable could be. That was at first an increased resolution and discovering the musicality after whereas with the baroque tips I get the musicality (and comfort) first and the realized resolution after.
My new favourites for sure and so excited at the release of them for the AirPod Pros.

Listening to this right now but a newly purchased DSD release which is significantly better than the earlier hi-res version I have. One of my favourites of all time.

IMG_7776.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2024 at 2:57 PM Post #5,497 of 5,571
Euclid looks amazing. If this cable is flexible, I'm in.

Apr 7, 2024 at 8:48 PM Post #5,498 of 5,571
Been using the new Versa connectors this weekend and they are fabulous to use. Switching between the connectors is so easy, just need to remember the alignment for the 2-pin connectors. Listened to my Solaris OG today with both the Raphael and the Socrates. BTW, for my taste I prefer the Socrates for the Solaris OG - provides a little extra thump to the bass and some more imaging. This is really good for live concerts, listening to Whitesnake in concert right now and it’s glorious!!

Bravo @Eric Chong on the connectors! Hope Singapore CanJam was great for you and looking forward to seeing your new gear at SoCal.

Apr 7, 2024 at 8:52 PM Post #5,499 of 5,571
Their product website has nice instructions for alignment of the 2-pin. I’m waiting for mine to arrive yet but very excited by them.

Has anyone (other than Eletech) done A/B with the non-Versa connectors to see if there is any subtle signal loss or sonic difference? Splitting hairs I suppose.

On paper, they look to be the most ergonomic and easy to use connectors on the market.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2024 at 2:05 AM Post #5,500 of 5,571
Their product website has nice instructions for alignment of the 2-pin. I’m waiting for mine to arrive yet but very excited by them.

Has anyone (other than Eletech) done A/B with the non-Versa connectors to see if there is any subtle signal loss or sonic difference? Splitting hairs I suppose.

On paper, they look to be the most ergonomic and easy to use connectors on the market.
I did on a noisy ass showfloor where I found the treble to be the slightest bit attentuated with Versa (as opposed to what happens with Conx where it just makes treble... worse) but this is not realiable or verifiable at all.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 12:02 AM Post #5,502 of 5,571
The Baroque eartips have become my favourite. They remind me of how the Plato cable sounded the first time but in reverse. Coming from the Corier which have, to my ears, an increase in resolution over previous tips, the Baroque seemed to smooth out the top end and I wondered if that was what I wanted but as I got more used to them I don’t sense a loss of resolution but bringing more musical and organic sound to the treble in comparison. The opposite comment about the Plato was how I was shocked at how smooth a silver cable could be. That was at first an increased resolution and discovering the musicality after whereas with the baroque tips I get the musicality (and comfort) first and the realized resolution after.
My new favourites for sure and so excited at the release of them for the AirPod Pros.

Listening to this right now but a newly purchased DSD release which is significantly better than the earlier hi-res version I have. One of my favourites of all time.

IMG_7776.jpeg

Where did you get the DSD release?

Apr 9, 2024 at 12:04 AM Post #5,503 of 5,571
Apr 9, 2024 at 7:27 PM Post #5,504 of 5,571
Apr 10, 2024 at 8:00 PM Post #5,505 of 5,571
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back