ELEKIT TU-882AS > LD Mk3 ?
Jan 13, 2010 at 1:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

golgi

500+ Head-Fier
I've got an urge to upgrade the system and am considering two options.

My headphone system consists of a Technics SL1210 MK2 turntable, Denon 160 cartridge, Cambridge Audio 640c phono preamp, Little Dot MK3 headphone amp, and Senn HD580 phones.

I'm thinking of either adding an upgrade to the turntable such as a rewired tonearm and arm dampener or a new headphone amp. If I go the route of the new headphone amp, I'm leaning mostly towards the ELEKIT TU-882AS.

Anyone know how the Elekit compares to a Little Dot MK3?

Jan 16, 2010 at 1:53 AM Post #2 of 5
While I can't compare the 2 for you, I have to say that I've been using my Elekit with stock tubes, and only regret not having purchased one years ago. It's truly phenomenal for the price.
Would like to hear others impressions as well.

Jan 16, 2010 at 3:50 AM Post #3 of 5
I only had the LD MKIII out of your two choices, but I'll share my experience with that amp.

In short, I didn't like it. I didn't hear much of an improvement with the HD650. Nothing wow'd me, or pulled me in. However, the Head-Direct EF1 did "wow" me, and that was only #15 out of 21 on Skylab's amp ranking. Considering the TU 882 is #5 on that list, I'd rest assured that the Elekit's the right choice.

Jan 16, 2010 at 4:24 AM Post #4 of 5
I've actually been very pleased with the LD MK3. It puts out a great sound that matches really well with the HD 580's that I have. No complaints really....it's just the urge to upgrade. Even if I do get the Elekit, I'll probably still keep the MK3 around.

Jan 16, 2010 at 5:49 PM Post #5 of 5
I also recommend the Elekit! It is very nice when using it with my HD 650's. It also sounds good with Beyerdynamic's and Denons. This might be useful if you plan to buy other headphones.

It has an impedance switch to match high and low impedance headphones. Quite nice feature if you're asking me!

I couldn't be happier and I am also very pleased with the stock tubes which sound great! I cannot comment on the LD MK3 as I only own the MKV (solid state).

You can't go wrong with the Eleki tbh.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back