Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Dec 31, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #4,067 of 6,987
It's now officially 2013 where I am, so here are some of my personal electronic music selections from 2012 like I promised a couple weeks back. This is naturally a very personal list and there are still a ton of releases (Morceau Subrosa, Ask the Dust, Burial's new EP... just to name a few) I've yet to hear from 2012 - some of which were even released today/yesterday, on New Year's Eve.

Originally I intended to have top threes for each category but found that difficult in many cases, so the number of entries if quite flexible, mostly determined by how many candidates I was able to eliminate from the initial list before I just couldn't find it in me to drop anything else. The names are in alphabetical order by artist, so don't think the names on top are my personal favorites or anything. Also note that many of these choices could be replaced by a different one were I to compile a similar list, say, a week from now. I've also included YouTube/Spotify/download/iTunes/Amazon links for all entries.

"Top" 6 Albums
AVTechNO! - IVVVI [YouTube: track 1, track 3, track 5, track 6, track 7; iTunes version with a different tracklist and artwork; the CD version can be purchased from amazon.co.jp]
AVTechNO! × ELECTROCUTICA - DYE SYNTHESIS -extended- [YouTube: track 3, track 8; tracks 6 & 7 on iTunes Store; CD can be purchased from amazon.co.jp]
BT - If the Stars Are Eternal So Are You and I [purchase the CD from amazon.com]
Lemm - Arkhē [YouTube: track 2, track 3, track 7; you can buy the CD from amazon.co.jp]
Nhato - Etude [listen to the entire album on SoundCloud or Spotify]
Symbion Project - Misery in Soliloquy [Exposed] [official music video for track 1 on YouTube; buy the original album and Exposed for $10+shipping]

"Top" 6 EPs
Burial - Kindred [purchase from the label's website]
Hiroyuki ODA - Revive EP [track 1 on YouTube; track 4 on YouTube]
Matt Fax - Voyager EP [preview on SoundCloud; Beatport]
Sapphire - Next Day EP [track 2 on YouTube]
Shingo Nakamura - Behind the Sunset / Scroll [track 1 on YouTube; track 2 on YouTube]
Tokyo Bay Cruise & Ninesh Babu - Kyoto Twilight [preview on SoundCloud; Beatport]

"Top" 3 EPs (free)
ETIA. & Freezer - Crisp Crimax / Clap Your Hands EP [get the EP here]
Freezer - NO WORDS e.p. [track 1 on YouTube, track 2 on YouTube; get the EP here]
Soular Order - A Change of Pace [listen and download on SoundCloud]

"Top" 5 Singles
Clean Tears - Sunrise [YouTube]
E-Spectro feat. Escenda - Choice [YouTube]
Lange feat. Stine Grove - Crossroads [YouTube]
Matt Lange - Here and Back Again [YouTube; purchase from the label's website]
Mat Zo feat. Linnea Schossow - The Sky [YouTube]

"Top" 3 Singles (free)
Freezer - David (Freezer 2012 Remix) [YouTube; SoundCloud download]
Kikuo - Ten Sho Sho Ten Sho [official YouTube video with DL in description]
Tranceformer yuno - More So Power (Burning Club Remix) [official YouTube video; SoundCloud download]

"Top" 5 Remixes
Ad Brown - L.A. (Matt Lange Remix) [YouTube]
Dinka - Lotus (Soundprank Remix) [YouTube]
E-Spectro feat. Escenda - Choice (Richie River Remix) [YouTube]
Kenneth Thomas - Staircase Monster (Thomas Penton Remix) [YouTube]
Ma5haria - Melange (Andrethuo Remix) [SoundCloud previewBeatport]

A couple of additional notes: The free EPs weren't easy to pick and I almost left them out because I don't typically download very many free EPs. Singles would probably have been a tough one with so many tracks out there that would be applicable, so I just wrote down the ones that came to mind first and trimmed the list down to five.

2012 was the best year in my life so far, so I'm interested to see what the new year brings. Hope you enjoyed the long post. 
gs1000.gif

Jan 1, 2013 at 6:04 AM Post #4,069 of 6,987
Right now, I'm hooked on pendulum. Watercolour is my favorite song so far
I've been listening to a lot of Brony electronic music eg. AlexS, Omnipony, Aviators etc for a while now and they all have some pretty awesome songs. 
However this is the song I am listening to right now:

What are your guys opinion on Example? I like a few songs of his from "Playing from the Shadows"
A personal favorite song of mine would have to be:

Jan 1, 2013 at 6:59 AM Post #4,070 of 6,987

Alright, bear with me here, and I'm going to tell you where to get some awesome FREE MUSIC.

I want to give credit where credit is due, so here's where I first read about this music:
http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2012/12/nowplaying-a-sagittariun-and-perc-best-podcast-mixes-of-2012/

If you read that, you will see what I am talking about. Now, to make things easier, here is where you go to get the music:
http://soundcloud.com/elastic-dreams

From that link, download the first file, called "RA Podcast - RA332: A Sagittariun"

The file is 217.3 MB and the mix runs 1:34:56 and it's a constant-bit-rate 320 Kbps MP3.

And there you have all the information needed for over an hour and a half of great free music. 
k701smile.gif
 Check it out, it's excellent.

Jan 1, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #4,071 of 6,987
Speaking of free music, Stan SB has his new EP up for download, really good DnB there. Good to see another Pendulum fan in here as well, good stuff. In regards to Example though, I thought he just sang and had people produce for him (but I like his stuff).

Also, Arkasia just gave out a fantastic tune for free (commemoration of his grandma dying) called Angels.

Jan 1, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #4,073 of 6,987
On a related note. First proper anthem for 2013?

Easily my favorite on the EP. It's tracks like this that make me dance, jump, and just remind me that life isn't always ****ty like it seems to be lately. Music like this inspires hope for me. It just sounds...happy.

Jan 1, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #4,078 of 6,987
Quote:
Speaking of free music, Stan SB has his new EP up for download, really good DnB there. Good to see another Pendulum fan in here as well, good stuff. In regards to Example though, I thought he just sang and had people produce for him (but I like his stuff).
Also, Arkasia just gave out a fantastic tune for free (commemoration of his grandma dying) called Angels.

I'm not too sure about most of his songs if he produces them or not. Playing in the shadows is probably the most typical dubstep sort of song on the album IMO

Jan 2, 2013 at 5:56 AM Post #4,080 of 6,987
So ive been in a Trance Progressive mood lately and thought id share two killer tracks of 2012 with yall. By far two of my favorites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMCcnA9ifqg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3ZisFM_hec

feedback is always welcome.

Give me an idea of what yall prefer to listen to and look for in edm. For me harder beating trance with ambient vocals = win

Users who are viewing this thread

Back