Ele PCM2704 DAC/amp
Mar 31, 2013 at 4:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

krist2an

New Head-Fier
So after reading some really positive things about the cheap and small Ele DAC, I decided to order one as well. But while surfing on Ebay I found this little thing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/330892316074?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
I got it for 12.90$ (best offer lol) and I'm waiting for it to be shipped. The DAC part shouldn't be too bad, as Ive read so far, but I guess nobody has bought the DAC/amp version. Yeah I know that probably it won't be anything spectacular, but for 12.90 bucks it's worth a try.

So, a good buy? Anybody got this already? Mine is not shipped yet.

Apr 4, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:
So after reading some really positive things about the cheap and small Ele DAC, I decided to order one as well. But while surfing on Ebay I found this little thing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/330892316074?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
I got it for 12.90$ (best offer lol) and I'm waiting for it to be shipped. The DAC part shouldn't be too bad, as Ive read so far, but I guess nobody has bought the DAC/amp version. Yeah I know that probably it won't be anything spectacular, but for 12.90 bucks it's worth a try.

So, a good buy? Anybody got this already? Mine is not shipped yet.

Um...the lack of any apparent casing (shielding) worries me. Like a lot. Unshielded amps are really vulnerable to RFI.

May 20, 2013 at 3:36 AM Post #3 of 7
Okay so I received already some time ago, and I have to say it's definitely an improvement over the integrated sound card that my laptop has. It works just fine with my 150ohm Superluxes and I'm satisfied. Now the only thing is to build a proper case for it. But for 13 bucks it's a really good amp/dac.

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:17 AM Post #5 of 7
Hi I bought it too. But I have some problems. When I connect it to PC my CPU usage increases every 15s for 2s. Is it normal? I did some research and found out that it is USB interrupt causing the spikes.

The LINE OUT is good but in amplified output(headphones) I can hear buzz. Do you have same problems?

Jul 14, 2013 at 7:31 AM Post #6 of 7
Hi I bought it too. But I have some problems. When I connect it to PC my CPU usage increases every 15s for 2s. Is it normal? I did some research and found out that it is USB interrupt causing the spikes.

The LINE OUT is good but in amplified output(headphones) I can hear buzz. Do you have same problems?

I haven't watched my CPU usage, but I don't think that it has caused 100% usage at any time. And I don't hear any buzz either, so maybe yours is just faulty?

Aug 12, 2013 at 2:48 AM Post #7 of 7
Looks like you now get the ELE EL-D02 (in a case) for $20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back