Either the Dragonfly 1.2 or Meridian Explorer OR the Modi + E10K?
Sep 18, 2014 at 9:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

imackler

Headphoneus Supremus
I have a choice to get either the Drangonfly or Meridian Explorere, both $149, or a stationary Modi and portable E10K. Which would you choose? At my desk, the dac would feed an amp; portable, it would power the ER4.

It seems like the Dragonfly or Explorer could be better than the E10K. But my biggest question, is the Modi better than the Dragonfly or Explorer? 

Thanks for your help! 

Sep 18, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #2 of 2
  I have a choice to get either the Drangonfly or Meridian Explorere, both $149, or a stationary Modi and portable E10K. Which would you choose? At my desk, the dac would feed an amp; portable, it would power the ER4.

It seems like the Dragonfly or Explorer could be better than the E10K. But my biggest question, is the Modi better than the Dragonfly or Explorer? 

Thanks for your help! 

what headphones are you using & what kind of amp do you currently have? I would be more worried about the amp than the dac. 

modi you won't be able to use on the go, but if you are using a DAP, that's no worries. Even if you are using a smart phone, carrying a portable DAC around is quite tedious and I personally never found it worth the hassle. 

Honestly, the sonic differences between all three of them are small enough that you should be fine with any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back