EH350 - completely dissappointed
Feb 5, 2007 at 10:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Angelic

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everybody.

Few days before I decided to buy some heaphones for portable and office use.
Ordered AKG K81 - not bad.. but too much bass, and they sitted on my head like a small hat on big alien's head. THen I decided to change them... paid additional money, and bought Sennheiser EH350.
The most terrible sound I ever heard. Bloated bass, completely missing middle, at some tracks I was not able to understand what singer says, highs are almost missing. Cheap Panasonics at price range over 5-6 USD sounds much more lively, at list they have middle and highs, compared to this Sennheisers. I tried them on Panasonic CD player, Audigy sound card, Ipod VIdeo. Same result - completely terrible heaphones. so muddy, so much bad sound.
Biggest ever heaphone disappointment.
So sad, my K701 are not very suitable for a portable use...
I dont know what to do. How are HD595? Or some nice model from beyerdynamic?
THanks in advance.
A.

Feb 5, 2007 at 11:47 AM Post #2 of 15
That sounds as if you should organize yourself an Alessandro MS1. Less bass, sweeter mids, more realistic highs than the K81 - and a detail monster (for its class). The HD595 is too big IMO, and it only works with conventional & acoustical genres.

Feb 5, 2007 at 12:49 PM Post #4 of 15
The folks say so...

...but the price you have to pay is less portability due to more weight and more "owner fear", and less "MP3-bility".

Feb 5, 2007 at 1:08 PM Post #5 of 15
You are right... but as far as I know myself, 2 days after shipment of MS1 I will ask myself " Why didnt I spend bit more money and order MS2"?
cool.gif

Feb 5, 2007 at 1:12 PM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi everybody.
The most terrible sound I ever heard. Bloated bass, completely missing middle, at some tracks I was not able to understand what singer says, highs are almost missing. ...
Biggest ever heaphone dissappointment.

Strange,

HeadRoom gives EH350s 4 1/2 stars and the frequency chart doesn't look bad.
http://www.headphone.com/products/he...ser-eh-350.php

I never heard Senn EH350s though as they are not very popular here in Germany.

Feb 5, 2007 at 1:13 PM Post #7 of 15
MS2i will give you better resolution than MS1. MS-Pro will give you even more resolution than MS2i. If you want resolution king under $1000...one of the best choice is W5000. If you want more bass slam and resolution...mod the W5000 (See my sig below for detail).

Having said all that...MS1 is very musical and enjoyable. Hell...have it all like I did
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are right... but as far as I know myself, 2 days after shipment of MS1 I will ask myself " Why didnt I spend bit more money and order MS2"?
cool.gif

Feb 5, 2007 at 1:52 PM Post #8 of 15
cool.gif

last 2 hours I am reading about MS2 and MS2i... seems that my final choice for a good portable heaphone will be Grado or Alessandro.
The bad side of story is, that here at Russia, its very easy to find Beyerdynamic, AKG. About Sennheiser I dont even want ever to hear anymore.
frown.gif

But no problem, I will order them from Alessandro's site. I hope finally find a headphone, that makes me smile from a pleasure of listening my favourite music, as AKG K701 succeed to do it.

Feb 7, 2007 at 11:26 AM Post #10 of 15
Good choice, I bet.

Feb 7, 2007 at 1:44 PM Post #11 of 15
Methinks you got a crap pair of EH-350s. I regularly listen to a pair, along with a set of MS-1s and PX-100s. The bass is, if anytning, missing, with a more up front midrange and good detailed highs. I would characterize mine as a tighter set of PX-100s with more supressed bass but more detail. Definately NOT up the MS-1s but they were almost exactly 1/2 the price.
Are you running some funky amp or EQ?

Feb 7, 2007 at 1:46 PM Post #12 of 15
This was what i thought last 3 days..
but EH 350 are not so expensive heaphones, they just doesnt deserve immitations.
Additionally I changed them for a K81DJ pesonally, I visited an office, i bought them from. Everything, including the package, was normal. Warranty, etc also.
Anyway... after this bad experience, Sennheiser production is banned for me.

One idea makes me non - sleepy... Why it should be MS2i, when for 400 USD more here is a MS Pro...
icon10.gif

But for 400 USD more sound quality most probably will not be twice better.... its so hard to make a decision..

Feb 7, 2007 at 1:56 PM Post #13 of 15
That eH350 sonic description has more similarity to what one would expect from a HD202. It would not be so funny if Sennheiser had decided to change the drivers in the middle of production.

Anyway, if portable and office use includes sound leaking in or out being a problem, I would recommend (almost) anything but Grados / Alessandros. HD595s aren't that extremely open for open cans but still don't provide much isolation either. K271S, maybe?

Feb 7, 2007 at 2:07 PM Post #14 of 15
Thanks everyone for an advices.
Honestly, isolation or leaking are not a big problem for me... but one thing, cought my attention, except sound quality, described from experienced users, is a killer look of GRados and Alessandro Music series headphones.
K81 were good as sound quality, but after i put them on my head, almost everyone at office begin to laugh.. so this was a reason I changed them to Sennheisers, very unfortunatelly.
I also thought about Beyerdynamics, but... models, described by members here, are so big for a portability... I hate also earbuds, so size and look of MS2i for example suits my need very well. Only hope is, that sound will make me happy finally, as K701 succeeded to do.

Oct 30, 2010 at 2:18 PM Post #15 of 15
I do a little modification on my eh350 and the result is very good.

First i take of the fabric whos covering the driver,

Second i cut the cable 1/2 length from the original.

Hopefully you will love your eh350 after doing this modification, all your dissappointed will gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back