Effect Audio cables thread
Nov 25, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #3,106 of 8,004
Haven't seen anyone here mention the new Effect Audio China exclusive cable, the 饕餮(taotie), which comes in a gorgeous wooden box and has a steel bronze plated y split, the first of its kind I believe.
It does look really nice, that EA aesthetic shining through as usual. Kinda reminds me of the Janus with a chinese motif, the box is a nice touch ala Horus and Leo II.

Though I doubt most of us would be getting one.Importing would probably put the cost sky-high in relation to Janus and Horus and not a lot us would pay that much for a cable.

Nov 25, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #3,107 of 8,004
Sorry, don't have too many other gold plated cables. I did cover comparison with HSA Aurora in my Horus review under comparison section. Also, reviewed PS Apollonian+ GPC cable long time ago, but need to find it, somewhere in the box.
No worries, I'll take a look at that again and see if I glean anything from those. Hopefully I'll be able to demo a Horus. Just don't want to buy one and have it sitting around if it doesn't match my preference in IEMs

Nov 26, 2018 at 3:01 AM Post #3,108 of 8,004
Thanks folks, I've sent a PM to Eric. Sure he is busy these days. I live in France, Paris, so not a country that has a lot of humidity.

Nov 26, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #3,109 of 8,004
Pulled the trigger on the Janus D. $1099 USD is a killer deal. Passed on Phantom and SE 100 mostly on budget constraints. Sucks to be poor during BF.

Janus is an amazing cable imo. Only its weight is its downside but the sound more than pays off for it. I currently have it with the phantom. If you ever get a chance I can highly recommend it with them.

What are you going to pair it with?

Nov 26, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #3,110 of 8,004
Janus is an amazing cable imo. Only its weight is its downside but the sound more than pays off for it. I currently have it with the phantom. If you ever get a chance I can highly recommend it with them.

What are you going to pair it with?
Ive heard its a little weighter than Aries II 8, so I dont think it'll even be an issue for me.

I'll probably take it for a spin with the Phantom when I pick up the SE100 next month. For now it's going on the Zeus R.

Nov 26, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #3,111 of 8,004
Ive heard its a little weighter than Aries II 8, so I dont think it'll even be an issue for me.

I'll probably take it for a spin with the Phantom when I pick up the SE100 next month. For now it's going on the Zeus R.

For me it was significantly thicker and heavier than the Ares 8 wire, I really disliked the ergonomics of the Janus. It’s a damn beautiful and great sounding cable though.

I just picked up the PW Audio 1950s to go with my Legend X. The synergy is perfect.

Nov 26, 2018 at 6:31 PM Post #3,112 of 8,004
For me it was significantly thicker and heavier than the Ares 8 wire, I really disliked the ergonomics of the Janus. It’s a damn beautiful and great sounding cable though.

I just picked up the PW Audio 1950s to go with my Legend X. The synergy is perfect.
I certainly hope my ears cooperate with it, worse case it'll be used at home.

Nov 27, 2018 at 8:19 AM Post #3,113 of 8,004
IMG_20181127_210933.jpg

Those who are getting their cable terminated to 2.5 for better flexibility for 4.4 or 3.5 devices, better grab these EffectAudio adapters. Although they are slightly on the expensive side, it is important to get high-quality adapters because they really make a difference.

Nov 27, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #3,114 of 8,004
Guys, Lionheart or Leonidas II for Zeus XRA???

Nov 27, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #3,116 of 8,004
Have recently purchased some universal Legend X, and have a question. I’m loving the dynamic and lively the signature of these IEMS, and while I’m happy to stick with the Ares 4-wire now I wondered what other Legend X owners thought was the best upgrade path for cables? I’ve read through this thread, and several folk seem to like the synergy between the Thor Silver II+. This is a $600 cable though, and a bit over my budget. I already own a Lionheart - which works really well with my current Hermes VI. I’m wondering if anyone has tried the Lionheart with the LX. Btw, I’m running this on a balanced connection out of a Hiby R6, and listen to all types of music. Would really appreciate anyone’s thoughts on this.

Nov 27, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #3,117 of 8,004
Have recently purchased some universal Legend X, and have a question. I’m loving the dynamic and lively the signature of these IEMS, and while I’m happy to stick with the Ares 4-wire now I wondered what other Legend X owners thought was the best upgrade path for cables? I’ve read through this thread, and several folk seem to like the synergy between the Thor Silver II+. This is a $600 cable though, and a bit over my budget. I already own a Lionheart - which works really well with my current Hermes VI. I’m wondering if anyone has tried the Lionheart with the LX. Btw, I’m running this on a balanced connection out of a Hiby R6, and listen to all types of music. Would really appreciate anyone’s thoughts on this.

The Ares II 8wire are the best fit for your budget ($300).

Nov 27, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #3,118 of 8,004

Budget wise I was a huge fan of the Ares II. The 8 wire is a nice cable too, it adds to the mids and reduces the low end a big while expanding the soundstage. I prefer the 4 wire though for ergonomics.

Nov 27, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #3,119 of 8,004
Thanks folks - good to know. I noticed Old Dude was a big fan of the Ares 8-wire - even though he has Zeus R. I must say I'm in agreement with him on cables. I have a very good 2 channel system at home, which I've put together over a number of years. While I feel it's well worth investing on quality cables - to a degree, dropping thousands on exotic interconnects, and such, is very much a law of diminishing returns YMMV - just my 10 cents though. So I'm guessing the Lionheart won't have a place in my setup, used with the Legend X? Anyone actually tried this combination?

Nov 27, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #3,120 of 8,004
how is the Hiby R6 + Legend X pairing? Notice any hiss or weirdness on the freq spectrum?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back