Edition 9's going to be "Zued"!
Aug 14, 2007 at 1:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Dan Millheim

100+ Head-Fier
Tonight I got an e-mail response back from Sean Casey from Zu Audio. I had writen his company the following brief e-mail:

"Would you guys ever consider making an after market cable for the Ultrasone Edition 9 Headphones or a cable that all Ultrasone Cans could use like you did for Senn Headphones? Thanks."

Here was his response:

"Great cans. Ah, what the hell, sure we'll do it. But since this will be the first I will need to get in touch with Ultrasone and get a pair for testing. This will take some time, and with any luck we will have a new cable finished up and ready four weeks later. The delay will likely come from turning the connectors.

Please stay in touch, I might need a bit of a push....

Sincerely,

Sean "

Here is my follow up:

"Sean, If your saying you will start making one or are thinking of making one, the Headfi-ers, who are buying up this can, will go nuts! You need to let us/them know and get the buzz rolling! I will not say anything as I know there is a lot that goes into this kind of thing. Thanks."

Here is his response:

"I know how it is over there on headfi. Yeah, this looks like a fun can to mess with. Plus it has concentric connectors, less fuss than the bipins. Yes, the 9s are going to get Zued, hope we can get the cable to work with the transducers and space, which I'm sure we can. Pricing should not be as much as the Mobius Senn. Not sure what the cable will be or what we will need to do in terms of the connection but I'm going to make time. Six weeks from now should be enough time. Two weeks to cook the new cans in with stock cable, a week to make up several cable formats, two weeks to turn connectors and cook the new cable. A week or two of testing and tweaking...

You are welcome to let 'em know. Like I said, a bit of a push is a good thing.

Sean"

There you go folks! Zu is going to build an Ed'9 aftermarket cable! Spread the word!

Aug 14, 2007 at 1:13 AM Post #2 of 6
Seems this needs to be moved to the Headphone section.

Great job on getting the ball rolling though. I Zued a pair of HD650s to great success; very interested in how they'll play with the Ed9.

Aug 14, 2007 at 1:16 AM Post #3 of 6
You are so right. I guess in the excitment I had the wrong forum up. Maybe a mod can move it? Thanks.

Aug 14, 2007 at 2:12 AM Post #4 of 6
Thats the same way I got them to make the first K271S cable.
wink.gif

Aug 14, 2007 at 12:58 PM Post #5 of 6
zu is such a great company, just bought a bunch of different ic from them, digicoax, some speaker cable, power cords. all were very reasonable and they are very helpful and responsive. i would anticipate seeing this cable on time and looking fantastic which will be a great edition to the ed9s as they look fantastic as well..... sigh. i want a pair. Good luck getting zued. please post how they sound post pardon.

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back