Edirol R-09 (24-bit/48kHz WAV/MP3 Recorder)
Nov 3, 2007 at 5:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

GreatDane

Headphoneus Supremus
I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with one of these or if it'd be good to use as a standard player.

R09

There are other models but the Roland looks nicer than the M-Audio

...or for big bucks there is the Korg MR-1
eek.gif

(I need to burn my Sweetwater catalog)
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 3, 2007 at 8:43 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...or for big bucks there is the Korg MR-1
eek.gif

(I need to burn my Sweetwater catalog)
evil_smiley.gif

or for bigger bucks
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sonosax minir82

Nov 3, 2007 at 11:17 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by stchenhua /img/forum/go_quote.gif
or for bigger bucks
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sonosax minir82

Is that thing really almost 5 grand?
eek.gif
It doesn't look like a hand held device, not very pretty imo...not that I'd consider it.

When I get that R-09 I'll be sure to post impressions
tongue.gif

Nov 4, 2007 at 4:09 AM Post #5 of 10
I've owned the R-09 for a year or two and use it only as a portable recorder. It's actually decent and the built-in mics aren't bad.

I'm going to get the new SOny PCM-D50 when it's released. Much more solidly built and its lineage (the PCM-D1) is amazing - I owned one for about 10 minutes. It was the best portable recorder I've ever used and truly a DAT replacement.

I'm not saying the R-09 isn't but the PCM-D1 felt every bit of the $2000 it cost.

The problem with the small Korg DSD recorder and the M-Audio are largely due to the proprietary batteries. No thanks - it's like an iPod, when you run out of juice, you run out. The Roland and Sony stuff run on AAs (or AC power).

Nov 4, 2007 at 4:37 AM Post #6 of 10
Thanks for your thoughts FenderP.

I did see the Sony recorder(PCM-D1) but I could never spend that much. The PCM-D1 for example looks like it has very good build quality...and looks very slick too.

PCMD1-large.jpg

PCMD50-large.jpg

PCM-D50 ($500)

Nov 4, 2007 at 2:45 PM Post #7 of 10
The PCM-D50 has some features that the PCM-D1 doesn't have and vice versa, but it has a shorter version of that metal body. I'm hoping the D50 is close to the D1 in overall sound. It hits the shelves in a few weeks. After that I'll most likely dump the R-09 - I don't need two recorders.

Nov 4, 2007 at 6:09 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by FenderP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The PCM-D50 has some features that the PCM-D1 doesn't have and vice versa, but it has a shorter version of that metal body. I'm hoping the D50 is close to the D1 in overall sound. It hits the shelves in a few weeks. After that I'll most likely dump the R-09 - I don't need two recorders.

Do you use an iPod or any other mainstream DAP? If so, how does the SQ of the two HP outs compare?

Which color R-09 do you have?

R09white-large.jpg

R-09 in white

Users who are viewing this thread

Back